Hello all i all looking for some help i have a older version of alpha cam 2000 ultimate that came with our cnc router it has a dongle key in the printer serial port. well that program is installed on a old hp laptop and i have also installed it on a old desk top well for keeping this running smothly i would like to up grade the computer and have it run on a desk top with my cabinet software installed on same machine otherwise i have 2 desktops runnning at my desk as the cabinet shotware is not able to run on old computer..

so the question is being it is alphacam 2000 and runs on windows xp can i some how get this to run on windows 7,8,10 which is is readily available and my cabinet software needs.

i have tried and it seems start installing then just wont finish i am trying to install on new refurbished desk top running windows 10 i also tried on a lapptop with windows 7 and got nothing at all

i do realize if i can get this to work i will need to install a serial port in desk top not a big deal just want to know if this will work at all before i go to that step

please all you old alphacam guys help a new user out