586,043 active members*
3,950 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Yama Seiki

Page 1 of 2 12

Yama Seiki

Anyone have any knowledge of yama seiki, never heard of it and my buddy is about to buy one. If you've heard good or bad please let me know.

Birmingham? yama seiki? next?
    DZASTR

not fair

I'm advising against the Yama Seiki but know nothing about them. I have 100% different opinion on CNC from Manual. Manual is not for production in my opinion so things don't matter as much. For CNC I think even a Mazak is low end, which says a lot because Mazaks are pretty decent machines. Anyway just looking for info, and it seems like nobody has a Yama Seiki which is what I thought.

I am trying to decide if I should go for a haas lathe and mill, or a Yama Seiki lathe and mill. I am also having trouble finding anyone with these machines.

Would really love to hear from some actual users.

yama seiki

Machine salesmen!!! Bah Humbug
    DZASTR

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD ZASTROW View Post
    Machine salesmen!!! Bah Humbug
    No Machines no Machinist.

Hey Rich,
    He may be a salesman but he is 100% correct. I am the Wisconsin dealer and my experiance comes from servicing CNC's for 20 years. If you want Info on the machines, feel free to give me a call. Now as far as the thread starter, Smile, I did sell a Large turning center to his "buddy" in Madison. Smile was trying to sell his "buddy" an Okuma. As with all of my Yama Seiki customers, Smiles "buddy" is an excellent user referance.
    Ken - Precision Machine Tool - Franklin, WI

I know nothing about that machine. I just don't like sales people using these threads for promoting their products. There are areas within the Zone intended for that.
    DZASTR

I know nothing about that machine. I just don't like sales people using these threads for promoting their products. There are areas within the Zone intended for that.
    Since you find my earlier post so offensive I will remove it.
    I was just trying to help the guy out.

Birmingham? yama seiki? next?
    So what do you recommend Richard?

Since I'm involved in the industry, I don't recommend anything.
    DZASTR

Since I'm involved in the industry, I don't recommend anything.
    Why did you even get involved in this post then?
    Something fishy here!

pjmorand, Nothing so dramatic or fishy. There are places on the Zone for selling like "classifieds; advertise with us; product reviews; product announcements" etc. I just think it's not ethical for a sales person to use a forum intended for owner/users to promote his product or denigrate somebody elses. I stated I was not familiar with the machine in question and had no opinion on it. smiles said he had no experience with it but recommended against it. This is not the first time this has happened. Hence the "Birmingham etc." above If he is an owner/ user, my apologies. I didn't intend to make an issue of it just my first comment. Have a nice day.
    DZASTR

Yama Seiki is Goodway trade mark for USA market!
    Of course better to buy Yama Seiki then HAAS

Here's my take.

We bought a yama seiki gs 400L about 6 months ago (not long I know) But the machine is every bit as accurate and able to machine tough metals, as a Mori seiki. I think the yama is a very nice peice. I run one of the largest machine shops in the south east (contract wise) The only machines I recommend to anyone or okuma, mori seiki, yama seiki, and makino for the mills. I have had mazaks and still have some. I would never wish a mazak on anyone. HASS is also junk.

Im new here by the way.

yama seiki programmer

sorry - but here goes silly question:

I am looking for a programmer/operator for a yama seiki cnc mill and am having trouble finding someone with experience on that specific machine. Is there a similar machine/program to this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolford View Post
    Here's my take.

We bought a yama seiki gs 400L about 6 months ago (not long I know) But the machine is every bit as accurate and able to machine tough metals, as a Mori seiki. I think the yama is a very nice peice. I run one of the largest machine shops in the south east (contract wise) The only machines I recommend to anyone or okuma, mori seiki, yama seiki, and makino for the mills. I have had mazaks and still have some. I would never wish a mazak on anyone. HASS is also junk.

Im new here by the way.

Ok, Update.

Have 3200 hours on the machine. Still Great!

I agree with your thought about Mazak, in Japan they are held in the same regard as Haas is here in the US. FYI I am not a sales guy nor am I promoting anybody's stuff, but as a technical guy you really don't want to dismiss Yama Seiki. YS has a good variety so you can choose the level of equipment that best serves your needs and budget. I hate to bring this up, but they use Fanuc controls, drives, motors and good class ball screws etc., so level it on a proper floor, verify geometries and servo-tune - they will make good parts all day long, just like a(you fill in the blank).
    Check the accuracy and repeatability numbers.

knielson, let me know what part of the country you are in, I may be able to hook you up with somebody.

Page 1 of 2 12