586,055 active members*
4,376 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Question about 40w CO2 laser, how to link up with machine. HELP PLEASE!!

Question about 40w CO2 laser, how to link up with machine. HELP PLEASE!!

Hi, I was hoping that someone would be able to help me with my question. I purchased a 40w CO2 laser from China, however I am unable to be able to get the machine to work. I have installed the Moshisoft software that came with it (well I say came - I had to email the seller multiple times and then they finally sent me a program through email). I did receive the USB doggle in the mail. I am able to get the machine to do a test fire - so I know the machine works. However, when I plug in the machine to my computer and try to use Moshisoft (with doggle in place), I am not able to have my computer recognize the laser cutter.

Please help - what am I missing (step wise / set-up wise) or need to do in order to get my machine to work.

Thank you for your assistance.

Re: Question about 40w CO2 laser, how to link up with machine. HELP PLEASE!!

Hello friend,did you solve the machine problem?

The software can not transfer data to the machine,my opinion as below:

1.According my experience,many manufacture of laser machine,they use the low computer version(windows xp / win7 ) to test the laser machine,if your computer with high version ,maybe the software version can not match.
    you can ask the manufacture ,which computer version better or ask for the "Driver " for the high computer version

2.install some Driver such as for the software/USB/control board

If there has any other question,please feel free to contact with me.

Darran Zhang
    whatsapp:008618763981090
    Jinan Dekcel CNC Equipment Co.,Ltd

sorry, I never use this software..

hello, friend,

did you solve the problem?

I just recently purchased the same laser from china. Luckily i had all the required equipment come with mine.
    First, make sure you have all the right items in place. By this i mean the USB doggle? (if i said that right), the cd, with all the software, and the cord running from the computer to the engraver install. The doggle, allows you to unlock the CD, The computer will recognize the software as long as its in place. after you install the software, (took me a while to weed out what is actually there for me to download, and whats just a bunch of other language jumble) it should come up onto your desktop.
    Also make sure your running windows, would not work on my apple computers. hopefully i havnt missed anything

chinese 40w lasers most are shensui i believe (it is the same one as i have and seen ebay and all over). you need to take a pic of the board inside, it has a specific code no (some model etc) that you have to choose on the laser cutter software's initialize menu, where there is a drop down menu of items.
    watch this you will understand
    https://youtu.be/KhhOHUe_b6o?t=1149

see if it makes sense if you have similar type machine

Quote Originally Posted by mspiess View Post
    Hi, I was hoping that someone would be able to help me with my question. I purchased a 40w CO2 laser from China, however I am unable to be able to get the machine to work. I have installed the Moshisoft software that came with it (well I say came - I had to email the seller multiple times and then they finally sent me a program through email). I did receive the USB doggle in the mail. I am able to get the machine to do a test fire - so I know the machine works. However, when I plug in the machine to my computer and try to use Moshisoft (with doggle in place), I am not able to have my computer recognize the laser cutter.

Please help - what am I missing (step wise / set-up wise) or need to do in order to get my machine to work.

Thank you for your assistance.
    You need to find and install the proper driver for the laser control board within the software they sent. Also most of the 3+yr old software will not work on Mac or windows10. Had a hell of a time with win 7, finally chose to just do the ramps/marlin/arduino mega2560 upgrade. Been keeping a log and soon as everything works to my liking I will be posting the buildlog.
    Dave