586,102 active members*
2,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Controlling sangmutan motor through Mach 3

Controlling sangmutan motor through Mach 3

I have recently converted my g0704 to a cnc and am in the process if hooking sangmutan motor up through Mach. I have purchased a c41 board from automation technologies and got it tied in from my c10 board. When I type in m3s 3000 in Mach I get 5 volts on the 0-10 volt output on the c41 board. I put the 2 wires from those outputs to the green connector that says input and ground and the driver board. Also with a jumper on the green connect next to it just like John says in his video from automation,but my spindle doesn't move. What am I missing. As I change the rpm' s in Mach the voltages change as they are supposed to for the pwm settings. Pretty sure I have Mach configured right being I get voltages on the c41 board. I am lost at this point. I have spend the entire weekend trying to figure this out and have nothing to show for it except a few lost days and frustration . Any help would be awesome from you guys that have been down this road before. Thanks

Re: Controlling sangmutan motor through Mach 3

Are you using a relay too? Is it assigned properly in ports and pins? Do you have the disable relay checked or unchecked in the spindle set up page?
    A lazy man does it twice.

I'll have to go back and look at this point I can't remember now . When I get home I'll check and get back to you.

Not sure how Mach works but I would think that being I have voltage coming out of the 0-10 volt output that it's correctly configured in Mach? Kind of lost o. This subject. That why this forum is so great

There are a few ways it can work. The 0-10v you are referring to controls the rpm and though it can go to 0v and therefore no rotation of the spindle. It is not the safest way to stop it. On the spindle configuration page of ports and pins there is a dialog box referring to the relay for forward and or reverse (relays 1-6 can be used is what it says). IIRC the M03 is actually activating that relay. The relay will also have to be set up in the outputs page.
    A lazy man does it twice.

I see. The pins 14 16 and ground are what I am using on my bob. So maybe it is in my Mach settings . I am so confused at this point . Thus is turning out to be a monster task. Thought I could handle it but starting to wonder.

I have the relay checked in ports and pins

sanity check: you did wire the dir/start stop/enable on the bldc controller correct? I ran the pwm from the C10 directly to the bldc controller, it has a pwm input so I didn't bother with the C41

Controlling sangmutan motor through Mach 3

Well finally last night I got it to run. On the spindle driver board there is a connector that is mark output port. I saw in a video online that a guy had the 2 pins shorted together. Ground and s/p . And sure enough it worked. But my rpm doesnt Match Mach at this point it seems to be about 300 rpm off . So trying to figure that out at this point . But it's running .

I hear also you can run those pins through the relay to turn the spindle on . I wonder if that will help me with my rpm difference ?

Good luck getting the rpm matched up with Mach. I to D on mine forever and best I got was about 50-100 at the top and bottom and on the money in the middle.

If you use a signal pulse index feedback to Mach you can run the calibration wizard and it will redraw the voltage output linearity file to better suit an S curve, you can use the output of the controller but my signal was always wonky and never did really well syncing up during the calibration until I used an actual single pulse card.

Good luck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk