586,035 active members*
3,962 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Torq-cut (TC3) with DX-32 control homing sequence/order. Retract Z axis first?

Torq-cut (TC3) with DX-32 control homing sequence/order. Retract Z axis first?

Twice in two days the homing order has bit me because the Z axis isn't retracted prior to the table homing. Normally happens after computer hangs and I have to reboot. Doesn't happen often but it has been weird the last couple days. Today I had to sacrifice an endmill. I really should have shut the machine back down, taken the cover off and retracted it manually but I was hoping I could loosen my fixtures and snake it off... I was fine until the Y axis homed. WHO WAS THE GENIUS THAT DECIDED HOMING WITHOUT RETRACTING THE Z AXIS WAS A GOOD IDEA????

Does anyone know where in the parameters I can change the homing order?

Re: Torq-cut (TC3) with DX-32 control homing sequence/order. Retract Z axis first?

I'm pretty sure ours homes the tool changer and the Z axis at the same time first then the Y and the X last, I know I've gotten in a pickell and jogged off axis before I homed it to save my bacon, I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that is how ours works. I know for a fact that our old Boss machines always do the Z first when you do a X zero Y zero Z zero. There must be a parameter on the DX32 control. Good luck Jon P.

Re: Torq-cut (TC3) with DX-32 control homing sequence/order. Retract Z axis first?

I think there is something not right with your machine. I have a Torq-cut 22 and it always does z/toolchanger before attempting to move the table.

My machine is a 1997 but I will check my manuals for you to see what I could find. If paperwork came with your mill there should be a printout of all the variables and what they were when it left the factory. Some may be changed from the factory sheet if certain parts were replaced (encoders and such).

Richard

ok... I found it....

On my machine Parameter 038 "The 'Homing Sequence' configuration parameter" controls the homing sequence (I assume).

According to my factory sheet it is:

My machine is a 3 axis only with an ATC, so that may affect the sequence if yours is different....

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Keep your hand on the E-Stop and you can also change parameter 009 to change the homing speed to slow it down the first few times to be sure.

Richard

Thanks guys. I have it fixed. I found parameter 038 in the manual this morning and sorted it easily. I guess I should have fixed this ages ago.

Now one last issue. My machine homes the table under the atc carousel. Not always an issue unless I have long tools loaded and have a tall fixture installed. Do your machines home similarly? I think I can reverse the home direction easy enough using parameters 018 and 019... but it appears the home switch would have to be moved. Anyone attempt that?

When mine homes, the table goes left and towards the operator. I have not thought of moving the home switch. There might be limit switches at each end separate from the home switches. It's in interesting idea. Let me know how it works out.

Richard