586,100 active members*
3,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Live tool face milling NC problems

Live tool face milling NC problems

Posting for a lathe with live tooling. Everything works great in X6. Tool paths look good. Everything for the normal lathe operations code looks good. NC code for face milling operation gives x and c values. The c values aren't degrees. They're larger numbers, like what a y value should be. Lathe obviously rejects this as bad code. Just a small guy getting started. Don't know much about much. No one started out knowing everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Live tool face milling NC problems

sounds like you are outputting for coordinate conversion. G112 code is need for fanuc IIRC.
    what machine control?

Quote Originally Posted by mkd View Post
    sounds like you are outputting for coordinate conversion. G112 code is need for fanuc IIRC.
    what machine control?
    Ya. The guy who sold me the machines, laptop, business, whole nine yards got back with me. He said that's what it was. I wasn't used to seeing c values over 360. I'm running a Haas st20y. He showed me in the tips for Mastercam lathe DVD how to set up the planes and whatnot. Still having a problem posting from the new file. It has an error message saying something about the y axis. I have the machine set as generic haas sl 4x mt lathe just like his files, but mine throws the error. I save the file and bring the geo in on an iges file (if I remember how to do it right) to one of his existing files, and everything posts right. That's aggravating to do. I'd like my files to work right.lol

- I've been using his files to make parts, and modifying them here and there. I'm starting to get orders for new parts that I'm having to design myself. I'm getting there.

That's the problem I'm fighting now. When trying to post I get "Warning- Y Axis motion encountered. No Y Axis defined in machine- Check Axis Combination" I'm trying to figure out how to define a Y axis, and check the Axis Combination. I've tried a few things, but I'm coming up empty handed.

Figured it out. One of the nice things about being a sole proprietor. I can work on things until I figure them out. No matter how long it takes. Till my brain hurts. Forever. Think I'm gonna take a nap now...