Hello all

i recentley came by a EZ path lathe ,I figured for the price compared to a manual machine it might be worth a punt and its not in bad condition for a 2000 machine , looks like its never done any real work other than plastics ,i keep finding plastic swarf in every nook and cranny and honestly i thought for my workshop at home i had gotten something cool

However its dead a few issues non of which are scary as such just which do you start to eliminate first and secondly can you get the parts to fix it

There is no output to the screen (more on that later as i think this is caused by the pc failure to boot)

It seems the light on the 5v rail isnt lighting up inside the ROMI box (i assume this has the motherboard hidden somewhere)

Attachment 310540

i had read through several posts on here re the supply being bad (poorly regulated) even though it gives out 5v , so

my first port of call was to check the supply in the romi box which has DX32 on it its giving out 5.07 v in light of some suggestions i wired up a PC supply with 5V and the corresponding other voltages for the 9pin molex and still nothing the little 5v LED fails to light so no BDMC?

Im assuming with no BMDC theres no pictures for the screen so i think i need to fix that first

NOW THE EXPENSIVE ONE I THINK.......

If i power the machine on at the contactor, three phase and earth all the fans come on the two servo amps light up some other card with a green light on it says romi on it but heres the bigge the VFD does nothing ,not a sausage no flashing no whirring ...its dead jim.......and there dont seem to be no fuses or breakers that are out of order...

Does anyone out there have any tips for where to begin advice possibly, Im actually in the UK so these machines also seem to be a bit rare in terms of repair people too

,wiring diagrams and manuals would also be useful as i dont seem to be able to find a source ,a very nice chap on here did send me some disks but i havent got that far ,plus i actually did find the backup from the machine and the floppys for installing it all again with a rubber band round them kicking about in the control cabinet so if anyone does need disks i think i could get the data from them

Attachment 310542

Attachment 310540

i have attached the images above so you get an idea of the cabinet, i could label them also

Im hoping someone will be able to help me out