586,069 active members*
3,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6t Not Ready

Hi. I have a Yam CK2 lathe with Fanuc 6t-B. I don't have a machine manual, but I had a crash with the z and spindle, anyway the control is in Emergency state and I can't seem to find where to reset it. It is not in a over travel state in either X or Z. I have check the fuses and can't seem to find one blown. I cannot start the hydraulics. Anything that I should be looking for?
    D. Paulson

Re: Fanuc 6t Not Ready

Hi,

Did you check all 3-phase contactors, relays with circuit breackers ( thermal or current overloads) ?

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.

I just rechecked and it is good. The control does turn on but it goes to a not ready state.
    D. Paulson

Hi,

In our old Takisawa 6T Fanuc used these types of fuses and others.

Attachment 310550

Regards.

I found an electrical wiring and ladder manual for my lathe so I have that coming. It looks like I will need it anyway.
    D. Paulson

If I remember right, you need to hold the power on button until the hydraulics fire up.
    www.WebMachinist.Net
    The Ultimate Online Source for Machinist Related Stuff!

Mine is a bit different. You press the power on button, and if all the conditions are met, you can start the hydraulics with the hydraulic power on button. I can turn on the nc, but is displays 'not ready'. There is no error code. Diagnostic 38.4? (I am trying to remember from memory) is a 0 which indicates to me that is one of the switches in the emergency stop circuit. I don't know where all of these safety switches are, but I'm sure the manual that I have coming will show me where they are all located, or at least show me in the diagnostics what switch is open.
    D. Paulson

Not Ready state you can check in diagnostics 701,707,712. These diagnosticses is well described in the Maintenance manual.