586,094 active members*
4,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > CNC Plasma / Oxy Fuel Cutting Machines > Newbie Needing A Hand. CNC Plasma Table with Leadshine MX3660

Newbie Needing A Hand. CNC Plasma Table with Leadshine MX3660

Hello All...I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to setup my new table and the manufacturer isn't helping at all. Zero support. So now I turn to my good friends online :-). Here is my setup...

Generic CNC table, 3axis
    Leadshine MX3660
    Robot3T THC3T-01 With Step/Dir Output
    Thermal Dynamics CutMaster 42 with Machine Torch

Now I'm trying to install the machine torch...it has three leads coming from the pig tail...Ground, Torch On and Torch Off. According to Thermal Dynamics ground is pin 1 and torch on is pin 3 and torch off is pin 4 (I was speaking to a tech over the phone). Now here is my big question...where do these go on the MX3660 so Mach 3 can turn the torch on and off? This is a brand new setup so please be gentle on me if this is a stupid question. I know in the final configuration these may go to the THC but for now I'd be happy with mach just turning the darn torch on and off, then figure out the THC. Hope this makes sense. Any help is very greatly appreciated.

Re: Newbie Needing A Hand. CNC Plasma Table with Leadshine MX3660

Hello!
    I think you have to use external relay for control torch ON/OFF. For example MX3660 has Output3+ and Output3- connectors. Connect external relay as on the picture. Then config in the Mach3 - Port1 Pin8 to Output#1 signal (this signal usually use for torch ON/OFF control)

Attachment 310944
    Attachment 310946
    Best Regards!
    Andrew.

Hi Andrew...so for the relay is there a specific one to use? I'm an automotive guy so are we talking about a standard relay like you would use in a 12v lighting setup or am I way way off base here.

Leadshine specify this output as maximum 24V@70mA (Power Consumption = 1.5 Watts)
    Relay type will depend from your Relay Power Supply.
    For example for 12V power supply you can use this relay G5V-1-DC12 Omron Electronics | Mouser
    Attachment 310948
    Just Power Consumption must be less then 1.5 W
    I think automotive relays has more then 1.5 W Power Consumption. Standard 12V@80 Ohm -> Power Consumption = 1.8 W
    But if you find automotive relay with 155 Ohm coil resistance, I think all will be fine.
    And of course you have to use Normal Open relay contacts.
    Best Regards!
    Andrew.

Wow...this seems really over my head. Thank you very much for the reply. I purchased what I thought was a plug and play system but this is way over my knowledge base. I don't even know where I would go to buy such an item let alone what to do this it once I had it :-/...I'm really lost here.

Don't worry.
    I think you just have to start. Further there will be all explain
    This is not difficult. And when you're done and look back, you say - it was so easy.
    Best Regards!
    Andrew.