587,490 active members*
4,609 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Epoxy Granite > Epoxy-Granite machine bases (was Polymer concrete frame?)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by lgalla View Post
    Walter
    Good you posted the engineered stone or quartz.I remembered some of the machine designers used quartz for greater strength and density.Good granite is 66% quartz.It appears quartz is better.Lets name itE/Q.This is defenatley worth researching.I think sand has high%quartz as it is left after the granite erodes away.
    I searched a bit on the quartz engineered stone and found little.As Bruno said
    the guy at the show would not reveal his source and I am having the same problem on the web.No apparent raw materials suppliers.One thing I found on the quartz countertops is they shake or vibrate and pull a vacuum at the same time.This is necessary as their ratios are 95%.Silica sand is probably a good starting point as it is mainly Quartz I beleive.As far as 1/4"to3/8" quartz aggregates I have no luck finding any.I ask the Zone boys to help in the search.Thanks
    Larry

Larry,

I have found a good supplier of quartz sands and stones (unfortunately in Slovenia), so I will be doing some testing with it when I have the time. I have the epoxy and quartz already, just waiting for me to start experimenting.
    I will post my results here once I have done something.

Sandi

Re: Epoxy-Granite machine bases (was Polymer concrete frame?)

Who is that suplier?