586,060 active members*
4,107 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas vfo z axis height problem
    s00073055 Guest

Haas vfo z axis height problem

New problem i notice a while back that my z level was getting lower when machining you would hardly notice it i couldn't find a reason for the change in height at the time then the machine crashed doing a tool change and now the head has dropped below the the tool change height got new encoder no difference checked lead screw bearing and locking nuts there ok checked coupling and drive keys in the coupling to the z axis motor all seems ok what am i missing any help would be great thank. (I don't know if this would have cause a problem or not but i had to replace the low voltage power supply which supply's the 5v,12v, and -12v to the PCBs)

Re: Haas vfo z axis height problem

Check the Z axis prox switch.

Quote Originally Posted by s00073055 View Post
    New problem i notice a while back that my z level was getting lower when machining you would hardly notice it i couldn't find a reason for the change in height at the time then the machine crashed doing a tool change and now the head has dropped below the the tool change height got new encoder no difference checked lead screw bearing and locking nuts there ok checked coupling and drive keys in the coupling to the z axis motor all seems ok what am i missing any help would be great thank. (I don't know if this would have cause a problem or not but i had to replace the low voltage power supply which supply's the 5v,12v, and -12v to the PCBs)
    Does this machine have a nitrogen counter balance? If so, check your system pressure and adjust if needed.

s00073055 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    Does this machine have a nitrogen counter balance? If so, check your system pressure and adjust if needed.
    It is a weighted counter balance I found my problem today the collar with the two small grub screws to tighten the new encoder to the motor shaft was in the wrong place to grip the shaft properly when tighten Thanks

Glad you got it figured out!!