586,369 active members*
3,194 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Renderd Drawing Measurement

Renderd Drawing Measurement

Is there a way to measure the cuts in a rendered drawing from a simulated run to determine if the final part is going to be of the correct dimensions? I can't seem to find one in Bobcad. I was hoping that NC plot would work but it is not much help in this area.
    Or is there software you can purchase that will interpret the g-code and draw the part to the dimensions as it will be machined? I would gladly purchase such a pkg and most likely save money in the long run on the stock I'll not screw up during my learning curve. Any ideas or guideance???
    Thanks in advance.
    Bill from Spartanburg
    :withstupi
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Bill,

It has been my experience, with most software, that you can simulate and measure draawings all you want, and when you cut the work, it will not be the same as the drawing. Cutters flex, and they wear, and the work vibrates. My advice to you is to learn to leave stock for finishing and then take a finish cut that cuts just a small amount. Typically, you can rough cut something and leave 0.010-0.020" and this will allow you to increase the speed and feed and take deeper and heavier cuts. Even with cutter flex and wear, you should still have enough stock to finish the cut and get a good finish.

Jim

Thanks Jim;
    I was hoping to review the results before the cut but a pipe's dream in reality. I'm just learning so I have not used finish cuts yet but it appears it's time to go to stage 2 in my learning process. Still even with the metal scrap stock pile, I'm haveing a great time and learning bunches. Thanks again.
    Uhm, maybe it's time to start designing my aluminum melting and recovery oven!
    Have a great day.
    Bill from Spartanburg.
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)