586,036 active members*
3,578 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach Slant Lathe > Need some quick help, Fusion 360 CAM and the Tormach Lathe

Need some quick help, Fusion 360 CAM and the Tormach Lathe

Yesterday I was trying to make my first part with Fusion 360 CAM on the Tormach Lathe. Every thing seems to work fine except I cant seem to get my feeds and speeds working properly. I've tried both SFM of about 300, of feed per rev of about .005". Ive changed it in the tool table and also in the operation profile under tool.

Its a simple outside profile operation. Its gouging the part and it looks almost like its trying to thread. Its acting like its on feed per rev at .1" (just a swag) and the depth seems much deeper than what I specified. It's probably something simple, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

If anyone has some nuggets of wisdom they are willing to share, I would greatly appreciate it. I would love to get this part done today.

David

Re: Need some quick help, Fusion 360 CAM and the Tormach Lathe

Wanted to circle back on this. In Fusion 360, I had been entering feeds and speeds in the tool table and checking either of the boxes. Once I unchecked the boxes and only entered the feeds and speeds in the operations, it seems to fix it. I had been entering it in the operation as well but for some reason I got some really odd behavior.

I also updated Path Pilot but assume the issue was with the tool table.

David

Thanks for updating. I just ordered mine (they're back ordered for a few weeks in Las Vegas) and I've learned (and still learning) a lot from you guys on this forum. I have the Tormach forum bookmarked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have learned for the way I work to always put offsets in the controllers tool table. Not in Cam. They can work against each other especially with Mach 3.

Speeds and feeds do not belong in the Cam's tool library.
    They should instead be input in the operation for a given material and job. They are still working in that area, so it is a bit quirky, but much better than it was a year ago.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    I have learned for the way I work to always put offsets in the controllers tool table. Not in Cam. They can work against each other especially with Mach 3.

Speeds and feeds do not belong in the Cam's tool library.
    They should instead be input in the operation for a given material and job. They are still working in that area, so it is a bit quirky, but much better than it was a year ago.
    Agreed... Since I mostly work with aluminum, figured it would be great to have it in the tool table for quick programs. Regardless, I have seen the light and am doing it in the operation now

David