586,075 active members*
4,087 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: VF0 problem

VF0 problem

Hi
    I have a problem with my VF0 2000 model.
    Upon start up you will not hear the beep on the control like normal, just see the LED in the bottom corner of the screen that stays blank and will not power up.
    It just happened this morning and I got it to work once it powered up the machine runs as normal.
    But it took 10 mintues to turn it on after 10 trys.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Brendan

Hmm,
    Do you see anything abnormal in the electical cabinet? LED's that aren't on, etc?

That early in the bootup, I'd wonder perhaps about the PC type power supply failing.

With the power completely off, pull and reseat all the connectors that you can, and check all screw terminal connections for tightness. Gently pull on the wires first to see if you can find an actual loose culprit.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

It has not done it since I guess it did not like the cold front only a high of 65
    here yesterday, I don't like it when it is that cold also.
    But it sounds like the computer power supply.
    thanks for you help!

Brenden: Check the power supply voltages. S/b the third board back. Look for +5 and -5 volts on the input connector. But it sounds like it might be a main processor board. Does the keyboard work? It might boot a couple times and then not. Do you get 8?, 9? messages?

When I turn it on cold it seem to work, it I shut down after starting it will not restart for 15 minutes,checked for loose terminals.

When it will not power up you do not get the first beep upon pushing the power switch but you do get the green led light at the bottom of the display but nothing on the screen and the keyboard does not work.
    You do hear the relays in the back.
    Where do I test the power supply in the back of the control or rear cabinet?
    Thanks for all the help.

?????????????

Brenden: I am going by memory (refer to you manual, schematics). When you open the back door, main set of boards, upper leftish. Third board back. Lower right hand corner, connector. Once again check your manual for inputs. The two 5 volt inputs, one pos., one neg., should be +/- .5 volts. There is also a 12 volt input. The sparodic nature of your problem makes it difficult to diagnois. I think the green light you are talking about is your monitor power light. Keyboard dosent work, no beeping, I suspect the processor board.

Good luck