So I have a 2007 HAAS OM-2A, after replacing the battery and clearing out the Flash Memory the Service Tech came by and reloaded the software. Machine was up and running though its spindle warm up, I stopped the machine to let him out and did a manual tool change and got a toolchanger error. I was able to do the recover and pull the tool out, pressing next tool in MDI would make it shift one spot over to the wrong pocket and calls it tool #1 (even though it is pocket 19) doing the next tool change the error will come back and have to do the tool changer recovery. Eventually I keep jogging it through, take tools out along the way until it is back in pocket #1 and I power down the machine and restart...same tool change error.

Called tech back up and he said check the proximity switch as well as the discrete I/O table. So Initially he said may be a chip on the sensor, and so with the tool changer door open I blew it out with some air and got a small rag on a stick to clean off the sensor face. According to the discrete I/O table "Tool One in POS" never changes, stays as a #1, all the other tool changer I/O's changes state as the umbrella dose it's thing. So the next time it faults on me with the toolchanger door open I get a small screwdriver and touch the face of the sensor to see if I could get it to change state to a zero, no such luck, constantly stays as 1.

So starting to believe that the proximity switch is dead, however getting into it is a pain. Unlike the other HAAS umbrella changer where you can remove a front cover, I need to pull the box up and out which requires taking half of the enclosure apart, the part that is all silicone or glued together to make the seams leak proof.

So before I proceed to tear apart the enclosure any Ideas of where this sensor may terminate so that I can test it remotely with a meter? Also is there an associated relay for this particular input that may have faulted, I looked through the manual and saw there was one for tool in and tool but looking to find there "Tool One in POS" Also on the geneva wheel at tool pocket #5 the standoff that lines up with the proximity switch when Tool #1 is inline with the spindle is in tack.

Also if I do end up taking apart the enclosure any trick to get it apart, putty knife? And the sealer that I will need for re-installation?