I have a Fanuc 18M controlled VMC that I have been chasing a trail of damaged components that I believe was caused by a grid power surge or spike, due to not only this machine but another machine and a couple Computer power supplies that were damaged over-night.

I first replaced the Spindle Amp, a Servo Amp and PSU, after replacing, the CPU indicated that it could not startup up based on the Alarm LED's on the CPU ( Top 4 GREEN, Bottom Middle RED). I sent the CPU Board ( A16B-2201-0080) out for testing/repair with no result.

So I replaced the CPU board with a new one, and used the Modules from the damaged unit. On-Startup I received the same Alarm LED's. I then replaced the processor module (A20B-2900-0930) & the spindle module (A20B-2900-0900) thinking that they may have been damaged.

On start-up the CRT briefly flashes and that is about it. I have trolled through Forums and Maintenance manuals for more information with little luck. Any thought would be helpful.

Is there a softkey combination or some other boot procedure that I can try with this unit ? I would like to take a hammer to it.

(image attached of LED Alarm)

Thanks.