586,094 active members*
3,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Anyone in the LA (California) area that can HELP!!! (China 3040 cnc router)

Anyone in the LA (California) area that can HELP!!! (China 3040 cnc router)

I figured that it would not hurt to ask for some hands on assistance on a machine I picked up through Craigslist. (willing to negotiate a cost for the help assisted with)
    The Chinese machine I picked up is identical to :

the machine also came with a PC with Mach3 already installed.
    Apparently the one who owned it never used it and also didn't know how to use it.

For $1300.00 US I gave it a risk to do some small aluminum engraving projects I wanted to do.

- For starters the "cooling water" pump doesn't seem to pump water into the spindle. I assume the pump is no good although it does seem to turn on.
    - Did not come with a parallel cable. Picked one up for $10.00 so no big deal.
    - Now After powering it up just to test out AXIS movements with the arrow keys on the keyboard, I GET NO MOVEMENT. As if no signal is being transferred having the Mach3 software open up.

I did hit the search button, but it is too much to take in, especially when my experience is very limited.
    The controller does turn on the spindle and I can control the RPM with the knob.

Other than that, I honestly don't know where to check / look into or go from here.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanx
    Dave -

Re: Anyone in the LA (California) area that can HELP!!! (China 3040 cnc router)

BTW when I move the up and down keys, the motors get a little jug. (Barely click) no rotation / movement at all. Any suggestions on what to check ? I have already tested out accelerations on the mach3 but still nothing.
    I'm using the printer parallel port. Enabled:
    X axis : Step pin 2 dir pin 6
    Y axis : Step pin 3 Dir pin 7
    Z axis : Step pin 4 Dir pin 8

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Finally got some progress. (Thanks to YouTube)
    Looks like the one who owned this tool had the pin inputs / outputs all configured wrong.

Good news is that the tool runs the G-code with no issues. Now I just have to mess with the motor speeds and play around with the Mach3 to get more familiar with it.

Did you find some help?

check that the water pump is not powered from the stepper driver supply.
    also check for me proper grounding.
    Both to will save you a lot of headaches later on.