4,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > ArtCam Pro > How Do I round Corners on a
Page 1 of 2 12

How Do I round Corners on a

Hi everyone.
    I'm new to Artcam pro
    I was able to get the shape i needed but could not figure out how to round the corners.
    This is the shape I made in on my cnc using an mach 3 artcam pro.

but I need the top edged rounded like in this pic

Can anyone explain how to do this in artcam pro?

Re: How Do I round Corners on a

Profile toolpath with a roundover tool.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Profile toolpath with a roundover tool.
    HI Gerry
    First I would like to thank you . You have helped me in other topics.

So I have to make a tool change? I have a small cnc with no tool changer or touch probe. Is there a way to use the save rough cut bit to round the edges ?

Are you using a 3D toolpath do do those?
    That's a very inefficient way to do that. But if you are, you could always model it in a CAD program with the radius and import it.

I don't use ArtCAM, so I don't know if there's an easy way in ArtCAM.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Are you using a 3D toolpath do do those?
    That's a very inefficient way to do that. But if you are, you could always model it in a CAD program with the radius and import it.

I don't use ArtCAM, so I don't know if there's an easy way in ArtCAM.
    Yes I'm using 3D tool path. I'm new to the design part of the CNC. I have run big CNCs but I was just feeding the machine. Now I'm tring to learn.
    Is there a better way to cut out the box? Its basically 80mm by 45mm by 24 mm with the side facing up in the pic needs to be rounded.

Yes, just draw a 2D rectangle and use a profile toolpath.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Gerry's response of profile toolpath then run a roundover tool would be the most efficient.
    What version and build of AC pro are you using? there is another way to use a profile toolpath and get the radius top edge combined into one toolpath
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    ArtCam Reseller/Trainer, Custom tooling & Onsrud Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-BDP View Post
    Gerry's response of profile toolpath then run a roundover tool would be the most efficient.
    What version and build of AC pro are you using? there is another way to use a profile toolpath and get the radius top edge combined into one toolpath
    Gary
    Hi im using artcam pro ver 7

I have a demo ver of artcam insignia and i can do it by going to shape editor. I caint find that shape editor in artcam pro. any clues?

Click model on top tabs than shape editor, or just double click the vector. You can also find the icon in your relief tools.

post an image of the help about screen for the version 7 and the demo version
    there's a big difference between these versions and builds with the layout and way things are done.
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products

post an image of the help about screen for the version 7 and the demo version
    there's a big difference between these versions and builds with the layout and way things are done.
    Gary
    Thanks for everyone's help. I double clicked on vector and it gave me the shape tool like everyone said.
    I was able to get the rounded top.
    heres a pic

Hi Gary
    Here is a pic of ArtCam Pro version you asked for

I think i might be using the wrong bit for cutting wood. 61UeMhx+RcL._SL1500_
    Anyone know if this is the correct bit for what im doing?

Thats only a part of the help about box, post the full dialogue box and the help about dialog box from the demo version
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products

Thats only a part of the help about box, post the full dialogue box and the help about dialog box from the demo version
    Gary

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails artcampro info.jpg   IMG_3003.jpg  

Since you keep blocking out the licensing info, then we have to assume you are using illegal software which you did not purchase from Delcam or a certified reseller. Version 7 has not been available to purchase for 11 years Post the full image so it can be verified and I will be happy to help you.
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products

Since you keep blocking out the licensing info, then we have to assume you are using illegal software which you did not purchase from Delcam or a certified reseller. Version 7 has not been available to purchase for 11 years Post the full image so it can be verified and I will be happy to help you.
    Gary
    WRONG you moron. ITs my bosses and I dont want to give out his info to hackers.
    You have to be one them dont you. I ask for help. I downloaded the artcam demo to see if it was the one I needed. IF artcam employs people like you Ill look for a different program. You just lost a customer.

When someone surfaces using a 12 year old version that’s not available for purchase and cannot do the simplest of task then a big red flag goes up. If your boss has owned the software since 2004-2005 then he should have been able to help you in split second.
    If its legal what is the color of the dongle and the number on it. There's nothing to hack on that, its an internal number which can be verified

As I said, show it’s a legal version and I will be happy to help you. I will even do screen videos of how to for you
    You seem to have gone real defensive over something that shouldn't bother you if its legal.
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products

When someone surfaces using a 12 year old version that’s not available for purchase and cannot do the simplest of task then a big red flag goes up. If your boss has owned the software since 2004-2005 then he should have been able to help you in split second.
    If its legal what is the color of the dongle and the number on it. There's nothing to hack on that, its an internal number which can be verified

As I said, show it’s a legal version and I will be happy to help you. I will even do screen videos of how to for you
    You seem to have gone real defensive over something that shouldn't bother you if its legal.
    Gary
    1. You assumed that I was a thief.
    2. All my bosses Laguna machines run off of win xp 32 bit.
    3. Yes they are over 12 years old.
    4. I do not have Artcam pro installed on my PC. I use my bosses PC to design then I bring home the gcode on a thumb drive.
    5. My PC is windows 10 64 bit so I downloaded your demo to see if I wanted to buy it since I used it at work on a 32 bit system.
    6. My boss is too busy and gets paid too much for me to ask him to design a 3 by 2 inch box and im sure he would not want me making them on one of his $250,000 machines. So I bought a 3040. It came with no software. I upgrades my controller to use USB and win 64 bit. I purchased mach4. Now i'm trying out Cam software demos to see which one i needed so i could do all my personal work at home without bothering people i work for. This is my first time using 3d design software. Until recently I have only been a machine feeder. Not a designer.

I'll never use your product again. Your too eager to call people thieves when they were just simply trying to find out if Artcam is the software they need. There are too many Cam software providers for me to put up with someone like you that is predisposition-ed to calling people thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGlenn View Post
    Thanks for everyone's help. I double clicked on vector and it gave me the shape tool like everyone said.
    I was able to get the rounded top.
    heres a pic

Rounding corners is one thing, but... There is something else wrong also. I don't understand why your edges look that bad. Looks like you drilled around and used an ordinary drill press to get that cut shape. A CNC creates normally much nicer edges.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGlenn View Post
    I think i might be using the wrong bit for cutting wood. 61UeMhx+RcL._SL1500_
    Anyone know if this is the correct bit for what im doing?
    It is definitely the wrong bit for wood. I'd use a single or dual flute end mill.

Gary
    Why use plurals? Who are "we"? "We" don't have to assume anything at all. Aren't you a bit too arrogant and fast in your conclusions? I NEVER publicly post ANY serial number or licensing information and that information should not be of any interest for you, or anyone else at all. That information is only important for the makers of Art Cam, and any representatives of that company should know that they should NEVER as any user to post that information publicly on an open forum.

BTW, would it made any difference if he would have showed the licensing information? I mean, he asked for a technical help and there is nothing on that screen which is of any value to solve his issues, is there? Don't worry, I don't use Art Cam at all, not even the demo version, I am just amazed how fast you drew that conclusion based on the hidden licensing information. For all I know, you may be right and he may use a pirated copy of Art Cam, but never the less, such conclusion can not be drawn from the fact that he hides the licensing information.

Yes, I’m sorry I should have used the word suspicious not assume.
    When a new user pops up with an old version that’s not available to purchase but found on certain software sites then there is suspicion
    Now I have no problem helping and the offer still stands but I do not condone the use of illegal software.
    I invite you to the ArtCam forum where there is a wealth of knowledge and support but you would also need to supply the requested information to access the verified section there.
    You can also call me or better still have your boss call me and I will be happy to talk to both of you.
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products

Page 1 of 2 12