Hi.

My name is Javier and I am part of a school from Spain were we have some CNC machines.

Recently our CNC lathe stopped with a big "bump" when the operator was moving the tool to the start position of the program (the movement was along the Z axis with no load).

Since then, the machine crashes every time we try to move the Z axis. As this things are really hard to figure by only reading my potato English (sorry), I recorded a video:

https://youtu.be/rxv2e0ym_lg

We strongly believe that is an electronic problem, this is what we have done up to now:

We have tested the controller module and the IGBT's and all them seemed ok, we have swapped the X axis wiring for the Z axis connections and the problem is reproduced.
As seen in the video, it throws a plc error when loading, but our machinist says that it is normal (the argument is that the computer loads faster than plc and there is an initial communication error).
We have taken out and cleaned all the connectors involved with the movement of the machine, we have check the encoders for any dirt and all them are ok.

Now we have run out of ideas.

The lathe model is a Pinacho SMART-TURN 5/180, if that is of any help.

The reason of posting this is that we have a very small budget and the official repairment is prohibitively expensive.

Maybe someone here has already seen this behavior and can enlighten us a bit.