586,080 active members*
3,723 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > FS: 2006 Haas TM-1 Toolroom Mill

FS: 2006 Haas TM-1 Toolroom Mill

I'm selling my 2006 Haas TM-1 Toolroom Mill if anyone is interested. It's in great shape, nobody likes the sloppy-jalopy <sp> here at the shop (except me) so most of the time it just sits. Feel free to ask any questions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0765&rd=1&rd=1

Thanks,
    Ed

toolroom mill, complaints?

hi,
    our shop has tossed around the idea of a toolroom mill. what were some of your issues with it?

I love the machine, it's my first haas mill, and from what I see their bigger machines must be great. But I need more spindle speed, more coolant, and most important of all an enclosure. I'm doing a lot of aluminum and copper in small to medium production runs, so I need a faster spindle and a decent coolant flow without slopping up the whole shop. It's great for small lots or set up. It's easy to get to everything you need without leaning to far into the machine or dealing with an enclosure. I've ran some 12l14 steel parts in a forth axis fixture and it works fine. Hardly any mess, but when you get the spindle cranking and coolant flowing she's a messy beast. Basically the biggest problem was I didn't buy the right machine for my shops needs. One of my customers bought a TM-1P, basically the same machine with a 2000 rpm faster spindle, faster rapids, an enclosure, and a chip auger. I really like it and I want to trade up.

Ttt

I bought a TM2 this past Oct. I agree its a messy machine. I made some plastic covers that really helped with the coolant splatter. All in all I love the machine and would gladly buy another.

Edster,
    Sounds like your customer's really happy with his TM-1P? I bought one last July. I had nothing but problems with this thing. Haas came out 9 times to fix it within 6 month period. My problems were as follows:
    1) slow boot up, or lock up.
    2) spindle rattles when rotate by hand
    3) door not close properly, tweaked
    4) can not overide door switch
    5) X backlash of .003
    6) enclosure leaks everywhere, I mean everywhere
    7) comes with a pewny 5 gallon coolant tank for a large enclusure machine. I flooded my floor all they time from overflows.

Although they manage to take care of all the problems just a couple of weeks ago. The inside of my machine now has Chaulkings everywhere, looks like my bath tub at my old geto apartment. The problem with Haas is that they are shipping 1000 machines per month so they obviously overlooking their quality.
    Not to say that all Haas machines are bad. I had good lucks with them in the past. But after this experience I cross Haas out of my next wish list of machines to purchase.

We've had our TM2 for about 1.5 years. We don't run any coolant because we're only cutting plastic so the lack of an enclosure isn't an issue. It's performed flawlessly since we received it.

Thanks for all the interest. The machine is sold.