586,108 active members*
3,161 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 0T on a Yang ML25A

Hello all,

I work for a company that has a small machine shop in the back to produce odd end parts for their products. I am not a machinist by trade but I have recently started using the machines. The company no longer has a cnc machinist on staff and outsources all the production work to an outside company so no one around has an experience with these. I have experience programming G-code and can run the Fadal VMC 4020 in the shop without problems but this is my first experience with any of the CNC lathe in the shop. We have a Yang ML-25A with a fanuc 0T controller and I cant seem to figure out the tool/work offsets and how the controller on the machine works. I have a fanuc manual for it but I cant seem to make heads or tails of a lot of the info in it. I also cannot get it to take single line g-code commands in MDI to get it to move to desired locations (Maybe I have the knob set in the wrong setting, am I looking for something other than MDI). Also, the controller does not show which tool is currently in position. If I type in T0101, nothing happens, even after hitting output start. In the pictures below, I fiddled with the offsets for tool #1 and those obviously incorrect because the x offset should be negative.

I believe the last guy to run the machine was setting all the tool offsets off the jaws of the chuck. Should I set all the tools off the face of the jaws? And then set the work shift will shift the work offset by that distance, this would be the distance to the front of the part?

This controller does not have a measure function to make offsets easy. What kind of data should I be entering to set these. The machines home position reads x0 z13.92

Any and all help is much appreciated!
    Thanks

Quality Type 2 Anodizing PM me For a quote!
    Examples of our work here! http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/125Customs/

Re: Fanuc 0T on a Yang ML25A

Your X values seem REALLY high. Most likely, the Z axis is left to right <>. Your values for offsets will always be positive, unless typing in wear possibly.
    Also, the "home position" that you displayed is not necessarily the home position. The "SHIFT VALUE" is a permanent offset set on Z. For most applications, this is set to 0. To see the machine position hit the POS button, this should display ALL the positions, absolute, relative, and machine.

Re: Fanuc 0T on a Yang ML25A

It took me a while to figure MDI out. Select MDI
    Press program.
    Enter t0606 and press insert key.
    Press EOB and press insert.
    Press output start.

Jim