586,111 active members*
3,260 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport boss5 refit

I have acquired Boss 5 out of a trade school. It is a tape machine with computer link. But the whole thing is dead. I need some help and direction in bringing it back to life. I'm a 65 yr.old conv. machinist. Help!!!

Cliff

Cliff,
    You've come the right place. There is a MASSIVE world of cnc retro fit components on the market. I can't realy help you but there are many people on this forum that can... and will.

Chich

Gut the poor thing out to stop its misery, I think the BOSS control stinks compared to what you can do with a modern retrofit. If you have good ballscrews and ways youve got a good start........
    http://www.scpconcepts.com

Quote Originally Posted by paulsoncd1@juno View Post
    I have acquired Boss 5 out of a trade school. It is a tape machine with computer link. But the whole thing is dead. I need some help and direction in bringing it back to life. I'm a 65 yr.old conv. machinist. Help!!!

Cliff

Cliff,

There was a great series in Home Shop Machinist magazine about a year ago on refitting your exact machine. Written for a fella that hasn't done this sort of thing before. I'm sure Village press sells reprints. The author was the owner of Cardinal Engineering. if you don't mind spending a few bucks on a pre-engineered system, they would be a good choice,

Karl