I got this Emcoturn 120 lathe with TM02 control locally a month or so ago and am now working to gather materials to retrofit it to a modern control. The lathe is pretty clean, I dont think it has a lot of hours on it. The previous owner had it powered up and was moving the axis and changer, however I did not see that. He said the display would come on sometimes, sometimes not. I also got the transformer for the machine. I pretty much intended this to go to a retrofit to Mach3 from the start, so I was more worried about the bones than the brains. I was going to change the steppers but found a good deal on a pair of 5ph controllers so Ill keep the current steppers. I found a control for the Siemans DC spindle, but in the end I think long term it is better to replace that with a 3ph AC and VFD,so I bought a metric 5hp with an IES100 frame, so it should fit with no mods, however I may put a larger pulley on it because the RPM is only 3500, since its 5hp I dont think I will have any issue with overdriving the spindle to 6K, a 1.7:1 ratio will get me back to 6K RPM, I will need to determine if this physically fits. Anyway, thats where Im at so far. I would like to do a thorough estop circuit if anyone wants to post a diagram that would be greatly appreciated. I wont have a dedicated computer, the plan is to use a USB smoothstepper with a CNC4PC C25 LPT board, which is what I used for my bridgeport and router. I will need to get in touch with the guys doing the emco turret PCB, and would like to get some details about needed fuse, breakers, contactors, relays to make a door switch, spindle speed control and feedback, threading, all the good stuff.

thanx in advance for all the help