586,096 active members*
3,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > Hitachi Seiki VA-65 with Fanuc 6M Control - Maintenance Manual

Question Hitachi Seiki VA-65 with Fanuc 6M Control - Maintenance Manual

Hi,

I am looking for a maintenance manual for a Hitachi Seiki VA-65 with Fanuc 6M Control.

There are a number of things I am trying to work out & the manual I have is clearly for another machine (although the first 40 pages are missing) it's talking about a 10T control not 6M.

The machine alarm light is on, and I believe this is stopping me starting the spindle or M19'ing it.

When I search the 28 errors on the machine control panel, (Micon8) I have two bits showing as 1's under B, but my maintenance manual totally contradicts my user manual on all other bits & typically has B missing :/

(In the spirit of full disclosure I am also getting an intermittent 436 Z servo alarm on the Fanuc CP, which comes on if it's in a bad mood or if I rapid too quickly. I believe this to be a bad wire/connection & will strip & check the plugs tomorrow) When that error isn't on, all three axis jog & home fine, but MDI doesn't accept anything & the spindle won't start.

Thanks

Nick

Re: Hitachi Seiki VA-65 with Fanuc 6M Control - Maintenance Manual

Does this machine have a Micon8 PC controller on the panel by the ATC, and did you check those parameters? Also if it has a Micon8 it will have alarm listed there also.
    Jeffrey Kale

General Manager

CYBER CNC MACHINERY SALES,INC.
    S86 W22400 Edgewood Avenue
    Big Bend, WI 53103
    Phone: (262) 662-1100

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCNC View Post
    Does this machine have a Micon8 PC controller on the panel by the ATC, and did you check those parameters? Also if it has a Micon8 it will have alarm listed there also.
    Yes, indeed it does, that's exactly why I need the manual.

The Fanuc control panel shows no error codes, the codes are showing up on the Micon8.

I have a service manual for a generic Micon8 but it simply says that the 28. Error code are unique to every machine & to consult the tool builders manual.

Quote Originally Posted by NickHemingway View Post
    Yes, indeed it does, that's exactly why I need the manual.

The Fanuc control panel shows no error codes, the codes are showing up on the Micon8.

I have a service manual for a generic Micon8 but it simply says that the 28. Error code are unique to every machine & to consult the tool builders manual.
    Attached, please see list of Micon 8 data with alarms. There are two list of alarms depending on what prom version is on the Micon 8 board. You can always contact me direct at [email protected]
    Jeffrey Kale

General Manager

CYBER CNC MACHINERY SALES,INC.
    S86 W22400 Edgewood Avenue
    Big Bend, WI 53103
    Phone: (262) 662-1100

Thanks Jeffrey, that's amazingly helpful!

Thank you very much!

Ok, thanks to Jeffrey's help, I now know I have a ATC Command error.

When I run 45 [IMP] on the Micon 8 it shows the H which means all is well.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

I have fixed the intermittent 436 Z servo alarm it seems, the Z now rapids like a champ.

Still have the ATC command error(and I am working on it) . But now have a N/C fuse alarm.

I have checked all the fuses I can see, anyone have any idea where this one is hiding?

Cheers

N

This mill is now fixed & works great.

The issue was a fault on the lube alarm circuit. It's worth noting that this particular machine has a totally different set of alarm codes than what the user manual & most documentation say.

If you have this era of VA-65 I strongly urge you to check the inputs & outputs on the Micon & see if they line up with the manual. If they don't try the attached list as that's what matched this machine.

Attachment 319350

Once you know the correct alarm codes the repairs are simple enough, but spending weeks chasing imaginary faults on the wrong alarm codes will drive you crazy lol

Cheers

N