586,369 active members*
3,194 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > How to tell what options my machine has

How to tell what options my machine has

I just bought a 98 VF4 and was wondering what options it may have and what's available to upgrade? Can any of the techs look up the serial number and tell this? S/N 13679

Attachment 315888

Re: How to tell what options my machine has

Scroll through the parameters and see what is turned on. 1 is on 0 is off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Call Haas with your serial # and they'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by cadmaker View Post
    Call Haas with your serial # and they'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by djm77 View Post
    Scroll through the parameters and see what is turned on. 1 is on 0 is off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceman View Post
    I just bought a 98 VF4 and was wondering what options it may have and what's available to upgrade? Can any of the techs look up the serial number and tell this? S/N 13679

Attachment 315888
    For your age of machine, there might be a sticker on the inside of the cabinet door which lists out installed options. Or if you have the original manual, there should be a print out of the original parameters for you machine and the first page will list installed options as well.

If not, then the other two replies are your best options to find out what you have.

Thanks for the replies. I messaged Haas and the told me I have 4th axis, rigid tap, coordinate rotation and scaling, prog coolant. They couldn't tell me if I could add extended memory or HSM. Said they would call. That was Monday.

My serial number is 13679 if you have the ability to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    For your age of machine, there might be a sticker on the inside of the cabinet door which lists out installed options. Or if you have the original manual, there should be a print out of the original parameters for you machine and the first page will list installed options as well.

If not, then the other two replies are your best options to find out what you have.

It looks like you have Macros, Rotational & Scaling, Rigid Tapping, and 4th Axis Enabled, which Haas already told you, except for the macros. It looks like extended memory and High Speed Machining are not available options for your version of software.

Quote Originally Posted by nicknackks View Post
    It looks like you have Macros, Rotational & Scaling, Rigid Tapping, and 4th Axis Enabled, which Haas already told you, except for the macros. It looks like extended memory and High Speed Machining are not available options for your version of software.
    How hard is it to update the software?

You already have the latest version of series 9 mill software. In order to upgrade the a newer revision, you would have to have the processor replaced. Really the best option for upgrading software is quite expensive, if I recall correctly $8,000 or more, which replaces your processor, video board, and motion control board with one main processor that does it all. With this upgrade, the front panel and screen is replaced with a newer 15" monitor and keypad. The newest version of software that supports your motors and setup will be loaded. You would keep the options that you currently have but would still have to purchase the options for HSM and extended memory. This will give your machine the same control capabilities and features that the newer Haas machines made within the last couple of years have.