Hi guys,

Just trying to figure out if there is a general fault with these machines, or just a faulty board in mine.

My setup is a 2016 Syil X5 Plus, running Mach4 with Ethernet Smoothstepper and Windows 10 Home.

The machine, Mach4 and the ESS run G code perfectly (so far). The problem I have is as follows:-

Using Port#1 on the ESS, the machine runs OK, BUT if when the machine is in CNC mode and not running code i.e. a tool change stop, power to the ESS is turned off (or lost due to the 5V power supply failing), the machine spindle starts and runs up to full speed, only stopping if either the E-Stop button is pressed, or the machine put into manual mode.
This fault does not occur when I use Port #2 on the ESS, as this port reverts to pins 2-9 being set as Inputs by default when power is removed/ lost.
I have tried a second ESS with exactly the same results, so pointing to either an inherant problem between the ESS and the X5 Plus interface boards, or just a faul on my machine.
This is definately not a Mach configuration issue because it only happens if there is NO POWER to the ESS.

If any one with either an X4 or X5 Plus with VFD Spindle drive could try and replicate the above I would be gratefull, as it's taking ages for the UK distributor to try and sort out.

Nick.