586,114 active members*
3,348 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > How to get rid of a large amount of cnc components (balllscrews, rails, motors)?

How to get rid of a large amount of cnc components (balllscrews, rails, motors)?

We are having to move and downsize in a hurry and I need to empty about 2 rooms of mostly new cnc component parts. Things like THK and NSK ground ballscrews and nuts, THK, NSK and other brand rails and carriages, brush and brushless servo motors, many different servo drives. I don't have the time to sell each individually or really do much more than take some photos of the lot.

Have any of you had luck purchasing a large lot like this on ebay or craiglist? It would be thousands of pounds to ship. Essentially 15 years of hoarding need to go in a week or three.

Re: How to get rid of a large amount of cnc components (balllscrews, rails, motors)?

Ebay would be my 1st choice. HGR #2, Craigsrisk #3. Machine tool Scrapyard #4. Where are you located?

Re: How to get rid of a large amount of cnc components (balllscrews, rails, motors)?

Seattle area. What is HGR?

HGR is here in Ohio, they do large scale industrial consignment sales. Shipping would kill your deal. Somebody else must be doing something similar, I would look to the nearest area with industrial decay.
    Another idea would be an retro-fitter, if the items are common enough that they could use them.

Got any long profile rails, 8 feet long or so? I'd be interested for a machine I'm planning. While it's doubtful many of us could buy the whole lot, if you listed the items separately (or at least broke it down into smaller lots) in the classified section of this site, you might be able to unload a lot of it.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Auction houses can clear it out quickly. Call up a local auctioneer, they'll come over, they do all the hard work, have the auction, then you're empty. Just don't expect a lot of cash for your gear.