586,255 active members*
3,585 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Business name for servo drive company
Page 3 of 3 123
    Many words of wisdom here Name is not so critical after all but I think it has at least some significance.

Google is pretty good finding the right page even when the name mistyped or when there are millions of results. Using descriptive words is good because Google gives higher ranks for example if someone is searching drives and the domain name contains "drives". I tried searching "cnc project". There was over 1M results but my homepage wasn't at the bottom of the pile.

has anyone suggested TERTIMO DRIVES has a ring to it

Here is my suggestion. See attached
    The name is easy to remember because it is similar to the equation E=MC (Squared) It describes what you do, plus gives latitude for expansion with other related products.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails emc.jpg  

Fintastech...
    Fintastek ...
    FineDrive
    fin-driv-nc
    findriven
    findrvn
    Fin-All-Drive
    FinAllDrive
    finesseNC
    finesseNCe
    FinExcelleNC
    Fin-Excl-NC
    FinExCNC
    F'ingCNC
    FahrFINgnügeNC - Etymology -German: Fahrvergnügen, from fahren "to drive" and Vergnügen "pleasure".

...whateveryoupick.com
    Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    Google gives higher ranks for example if someone is searching drives and the domain name contains "drives". I tried searching "cnc project". There was over 1M results but my homepage wasn't at the bottom of the pile.
    That actually is quite remarkable. I remember googling around and I saw your web page ranked first.

Maybe you could incorporate it and sort of "cash in" on that?
    Include "CNC Project" in the company name

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    Maybe you could incorporate it and sort of "cash in" on that?
    Include "CNC Project" in the company name
    Or maybe I should just promote drives in my homepage Using CNC in company name might sound too limiting.

Here are couple of names:

"DriveXes Motion" for the company and "XerXes AC Servo" for the first product

"ServoXer Motion" for the company...

...maybe more to come

Gentlemen,
    the name has been now selected. I will announce it as soon as it is official and registered. I would like to thank everyone for giving these great suggestions :-)

We did little survey by emailing the list of candidates to several friends and asked them to choose five of the best. There were no clear winner because there were many equally good options. In the end we had to just pick one

well i really liked the Finetic (post by CNC Addict) .. it is a play on the word phonetic.. and has i nice ring to it..... (and the Finland thing)

what's the bet that's the one you selected!!

Kinetic -> Finetic but your idea is good too

Gentlemen, the name of the company is:

It is not mentioned in this thread. However we liked Fluxeon so much that we decided to call our drives officially as Fluxeons . The name is from aspenelm who will get a free drive from contributing this brilliant name. Congratulations!

I would like to thank everyone from contributing these great names and making the decision harder. :-)

Cool name.:cheers:
    Granite is nearly always massive, hard and tough...
    Makes me wanna buy something..

awesome. I don't believe I've ever won anything before! thanks. I have some ac servos just begging to be driven by some Granite Devices Fluxeons!

your company name works well. congrats.

A good name would not need explanations but I'll explain it anyway :-)

Some may have already noticed that Granite Devices is strongly inspired by Analog Devices (hopefully not too much since logo layout is also similar). The "Granite" came from a local IT company which also begins with the same word. It gives me feeling of robustness and reliability. Granite is also a extensively utilized natural resource here in Finland.

--

Aspenelm, please PM me your contact information so I can add you on my list

It is very unfinished and lacks content
    I was worrying if the logo layout is too similar to Analog Devices. Maybe I should modify it a bit to something more original...

Ok!

Page 3 of 3 123