586,121 active members*
3,622 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: ATC Binding

ATC Binding

Hey guys, I'm hoping that the best Tormach community on the internet can help me out here.

My company recently purchased a PCNC 770 and sprung for the ATC. Yesterday I installed the ATC and had it roughly aligned and actuating. Today, attempting to do the fine adjustment needed to perform the tool changes, I found that the air cylinder was binding on the ATC housing. I've attached a couple of photos to illustrate the pinch point between the back of the cylinder and the housing. Upon further investigation I found that the threaded end of the air cylinder was binding on the flange housing slot. It appears that this is causing an overturning moment which causes the binding (see the attached schematic photo).

Does anyone have experience with binding of this nature? Additionally, it appears as if the only way to alleviate the problem would be to widen the flange's slot so that it was freerunning. However, it looks pretty difficult to remove that flange to be able to file it open. Is there a way to get at those bolts easily?

-Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATC Binding 4.jpg  

Re: ATC Binding

Tom, I don't have an ATC, so I can't personally help, but you didn't mention calling Tormach tech support, if you haven't tried that yet, I highly recommend you give them a shout. I haven't been able to come up with a problem they couldn't solve yet.

Good Luck
    Terry