Hello board, long time lurker, first time poster here.
I bought a taig mill a couple of years ago and a gecko 540 controller, tested it and never had the opportunity to use it properly (except for several cam program dry testing before cutting on a bigger, knee type cnc converted mill) until now.
During the first cut in Delrin at 120 mm/min, my X motor shorted, although thankfully the gecko is ok.
I managed to measure the motor temp (on all axis) during the cut and it was around 100-102ºC. I'm waiting for new motors now and decided to review the wiring.
My electronic setup is:
1). Power supply: Mean Well Nes 350 48V
2). Motors: 6 leads Fulling FL57STH76-1006A, the data sheet is attached to this post
3). Gecko G540.
I'm testing it with no limit switches or external inputs.

I wired the motors using AWG22 wire using the following diagram:
One end tap and one center tap per phase: Black A to pin 9; Yellow O to pin 8; Red B to pin 7; White M to pin 6
And soldered a 2,2K 5% 1/4W resistor to pins 1-5.
I capped off and isolated the green and blue wires.
So:
a) I'm VERY electronically challenged and would appreciate if someone could take the time to review my wiring as described above. I'd like to know if I simply had a bad motor or my wiring is wrong. Why the steppers run so hot?
b). Is my power supply enough for adding a 4th axis using the same motor?
c). I'm making an independent ground right now just for the Taig-Gecko, how should I connect the ground wire to the g540? My enclosure is aluminum.

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for my english.