586,100 active members*
3,177 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > Can a USB Jog Pendant be used with KMotionCNC?

Question Can a USB Jog Pendant be used with KMotionCNC?

I am converting from a Mach3/SmoothStepper motion controller on my Bridgeport type Mill to a KFlop motion controller system. Primarily because I want to close the loop on the X & Y axes with feedback from glass scales.

It appears that KMotionCNC/KFlop will do everything that the Mach3/SmoothStepper will do. The only exception I can see is the KMotionCNC is not set up to work with a USB jog Pendant. There is a hook in KMotionCNC to use a Logitech GamePad, but not a standard Jog Pendant. I think the GamePad has a USB interface.

Is there a USB Pendant driver for KMotionCNC somewhere? I am currently using the iMach P1A pendant with my Mach3/SmoothStepper.

It would be nice not to have to use Mach3 just to get USB Pendant functionality.

Than you for your help,

Gridley

Re: Can a USB Jog Pendant be used with KMotionCNC?

I do not believe it will just work, you may be able to write some code in the init to handle usb hid events, but I am not sure. That said I had Mach3 running with a iVista usb pendent with the kflop and was not using kmotion. I got sick of Mach's quirks and set up Kmotion and purchased a new penent and wired it directly to the kflop. The difference in performance was staggering. While the usb pendent worked it was not smooth never felt quite right. I used the mpgsmooth example with the lowpass filter and the resulting motion was very responsive and smooth. It makes the penent way more usful. I have used it servel times to do some manaul maching. My advice is do yourself a favor and wire the penedt to the kflop and don't look back. That is my .02
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

eman5oh,

Thanks for the input. Could you tell me what Pendant you wound up using and how you wired it to the KFlop.

Thank you,

Gridley

The pendant looks just like this, I got it from ebay but I am not sure of what seller I purchased it form. Universal CNC 4 Axis MPG Pendant Handwheel Emergency Stop F Siemens Fagor GSK | eBay