587,450 active members*
6,868 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Extron E320 CNC mill communications.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter35 View Post
    I am after a post processor for the Mirl, would anyone have one they could email me.
    I have a mastercam post however it is for version 9 not Mastercam X. I am also running hsmworks and fusion 360.
    I am also looking at the centroid retrofit, has anyone had experience with these.
    Hi Peter, I have a post that I am using for Fusion360, happy to email it through. In return can I get a copy of the Mastercam post? I have a friend with Mirl software and Is trying to run Matercam atm.
    Cheers Stephen,

Quote Originally Posted by Aly-Tek View Post
    Hi Peter, I have a post that I am using for Fusion360, happy to email it through. In return can I get a copy of the Mastercam post? I have a friend with Mirl software and Is trying to run Matercam atm.
    Cheers Stephen,
    G'day Steve
    Can you give me an email address, am not able to upload pst files.
    my email is [email protected]

I forgot to check back recently, I'm glad there's been some other people post here. I have a Fusion 360 post and a Mastercam one which are very close if not spot on. I've been using sheetcam as most of my work is 2.5D and it's quick and simple from a DXF so I have a post for that as well if anyone needs it.

Does anyone have DNC set up on their machines? A lot of the F360 code for the 3D work I've been doing goes over the line limit of the control so it might be time to get that sorted out.

FastFarmer, no legal issues making the stocks. They're not a firearm part as per the definitions in the legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by proengines View Post
    I forgot to check back recently, I'm glad there's been some other people post here. I have a Fusion 360 post and a Mastercam one which are very close if not spot on. I've been using sheetcam as most of my work is 2.5D and it's quick and simple from a DXF so I have a post for that as well if anyone needs it.

Does anyone have DNC set up on their machines? A lot of the F360 code for the 3D work I've been doing goes over the line limit of the control so it might be time to get that sorted out.

FastFarmer, no legal issues making the stocks. They're not a firearm part as per the definitions in the legislation.

I have DNC on my machine, I will have to check what software I used, I also now have a "Shoplink Flash" it works better than the DNC with it I just plug in a USB and run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_B View Post
    I have DNC on my machine, I will have to check what software I used, I also now have a "Shoplink Flash" it works better than the DNC with it I just plug in a USB and run from it.

OOOH, I have DNC working but would be interested in the "Shoplink Flash"

@Proengines, I have a F360 post but and finding when I tap a thread it seems to come up with an error but when I fix that issue I get an error with feedrate. I can't remember what I have done in the past to work it out but need to fix it again now as I've upgraded my computer and my originally set up post isn't there anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Aly-Tek View Post
    OOOH, I have DNC working but would be interested in the "Shoplink Flash"

@Proengines, I have a F360 post but and finding when I tap a thread it seems to come up with an error but when I fix that issue I get an error with feedrate. I can't remember what I have done in the past to work it out but need to fix it again now as I've upgraded my computer and my originally set up post isn't there anymore
    USB reader for CNC's, HAAS-FANUC-for most CNCs, connect to RS232, ShopLink FLASH | eBay

Peter, can't you use the chook postupdate ( or something like that) to get your version 9 post to work on MCX?

Exclamation Extron using ShopLink

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_B View Post
    Greetings, this is Jerry from ShopLink, makers of ShopLink FLASH products.
    I have another user trying to use ShopLink on a Extron with a Mirl 2000 control.
    Did your machine have a 9pin or 25pin connector? did the provided cable work without modification?
    What settings did you have the Extron set to for communications, 7 data bits, even parity, 1 stop bit
    at 9600 baud or other.

Thanks
    Jerry