586,106 active members*
3,027 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Videos > Whats the diffrent 3 axis and 5 axis programs

Whats the diffrent 3 axis and 5 axis programs

Re: Whats the diffrent 3 axis and 5 axis programs

Quote Originally Posted by asmanss View Post
    I've watched the video. It showed the simulated differences in movement but there wasn't any explanation of the pro and cons of one versus the other. Neither as voice over nor as text on the screen. There was a small box with text but it was almost unreadable and didn't provide any really useful info.

The 3-axis version used a lot of the tool (bottom, sides, etc.), moving the spindle in a raster pattern with the workpiece in a fixed, flat orientation. On the other hand, the 5-axis version moved the workpiece around, rotating it through all kind of contortions to force the bit to only touch the workpiece on one small tangent location on the bit as the spindle followed the raster pattern.

What exactly is supposed to be the benefit of doing all that extra movement and avoiding using the rest of the available bit cutting surface? Is it just to maintain a constant load on the spindle? Does it provide a better surface finish?

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Hi Jonath this is just 2 program.and i purposed multi axis operation high tilted.because people must see diffrense.do you use 5 axis program.

Quote Originally Posted by asmanss View Post
    Hi Jonath this is just 2 program.and i purposed multi axis operation high tilted.because people must see diffrense.do you use 5 axis program.
    No. I am still in the process of building my cnc router. I was just trying to understand the advantage here and the video didn't really help.

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Congratulations your new router.theese videos just show.and i have company training 5 axis programs and model prototype.if you need a post settings and training my company will ready

URS PROACTIVE DESIGN
    [email protected]