586,094 active members*
3,889 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Using YCM spare M codes

Hi there, I'm completely new to this field so please bear with me if I ask any obvious questions.

We have a YCM NDV102A on our site with a Heidenhain iTNC530 control. For the project I am working on, I wish to use a few of the spare M codes to control some solenoid valves. Looking through the relevant electrical diagrams I have found that there should be four spare M codes, M74-M77 to turn on, and M54-M57 to turn off. I have opened the access door of the machine and can see that there are four relays installed on the PCB that match up with the "spare M code connection diagram" in the electrical manual. However, when typing in each M code in turn, M74 & M75 either do nothing or display the message "M code not used" but nothing happens on the main PCB. When I enter M76 or M77, the corresponding relay on the PCB briefly switches and the LED lights up before switching back off again. After a bit of digging I found that I could extend the duration of this pulse but really I need the relay to latch on until it is switched off by entering M56 or M57.

Please does anyone have any experience with this? How could I alter some parameters or inputs that would cause the relays to latch instead of pulse?

Thank you.

Re: Using YCM spare M codes

Hi jb661,

Check your Private Message.

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.

Re: Using YCM spare M codes

Hi Heavy_Metal,

Thank you for your messages, I tried to reply to you the other day but it said that you could not receive private messages, is there an account setting you could change?