586,047 active members*
3,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

post for mazak 640 m Nexus with Pro-E

Hi
    I created a big part of my post for my NEXUS 510C with Pro/Manufacturing and I have problems with the change tool.

I am not able to have the next tool on the same line of command ( ex : T01 T02 M06)

I aslo so have to add a G83 (or any other canned cycle) manuelly in my text file.

I need some hints.

just wondering....

Did you ever get your post problems ironed out? I might be able to help. I'm in the process of modifying our 4 axis post right now, and almost have it tweaked in.

Steve

i've been told there's a parameter setting you can change where you don't have to have the next tool in the same line as the current tool - although I had no luck when I tried to find it

Parameter setting??? On the machine? You don't "need" the next tool on the same line as the current tool. Just simply put the next tool call on another line and it will work. I prefer it to be on the same line though (which is what you're trying to get Pro/E to do).
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

^^^ i've tried that and it didnt work. i called a mazak AE and he told me there's a parameter. i forget what the machine did... but it didn't do it correctly... i dont spend much time on mazaks anymore so it slips my mind as to what it was trying to do.