Hello,

I have a Journeyman TREE 310 that I have been trying to get working for years now. It was not working when I got it, and I did not know the Baldor card cage, drivers, and motors were not stock. From what history I could find on the machine the previous owner was in the process of upgrading the machine. I don’t know if it has ever worked after his updates, and he has passed so we cannot ask. I did fix the smashed oil lines coming out of the distribution block, and have also cleaned and re-lubed almost all of the moving parts.

My Problem: When I move any axis, it sounds and moves rough/non-smooth part of or all of the time. Any rapid moves cause instant servo errors.

I suspect a power/filtering problem or noise in the servo system. It currently has isolated single phase on inputs L1 and L2 of the LD4-03S supply. I have been told it will work this way but with reduced power. I have replaced the filter cap on the card cage supply with no change of the problem. I still suspect it needs true 3 phase power to make it work right.

I have tried adjusting the drivers with no change of the basic problem; but it is hard working on a servo problem with no manuals for the card cage supply or drivers.

Here is where I need some help! My next plan is to test with 3 phase. To do this I need a 6-10 KAV 2:1 delta - delta transformer with high, low voltage adjustment tabs (230 volts to 115 volts). Does anyone have this transformer sitting in a storage room needing a new home?

You might ask, why the tabs? Well, currently I power the mill using a 10 HP roto-phase and the generated leg is 20 – 40 volts high depending on the load. The tabs would hopefully allow me to correct the generated leg voltage. If there is an easy way other than tabs please tell me.

TREE 310 Info:

Controller: Dynapath 10

Upgraded: BALDOR Card Cage & Power Supply
FLA7153C-00
LD4-03S

Upgraded: BALDOR DRIVE BOARD
FLD7150C-00
LD3015HS160

Upgraded: Motors: MTE-4534-SPECIAL

Thank you for your time and any ideas,
Bryan