586,033 active members*
3,515 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Makino KE-55 910 Alarm Ram Parity Error

Makino KE-55 910 Alarm Ram Parity Error

Problems come in two, so recently I wasn't able to run my HAAS machine due to a dead battery which I had to solder a new one in and will need to have a service tech come out and reinstall the software. However as a result of my HAAS issues if figured I change the battery in my Makino KE-55 before I took off back out to sea for a few months, so I ordered a battery and powered up the machine and did a hot swap out with the intention of backing up the parameter. Today (a week later after changing out the battery) I get the Alarm RAM parity error, I pulled the battery and checked it and is dead, must have gotten sold a bunk battery.

So I see there are threads on how to reinitialize the controller to recover from this, I have the manual with the parameter list but I am hesitant to start after the bad experience with my HAAS (formatted RAM and lost the operating software which can only be installed by a HAAS Tech). Will I lose the operating system if I do the RESET + Delete Key and power up?

Also before I do the Reset and Delete is it too late to be able to pull the parameters off the machine, or dose anyone have their parameters from a KE-55 backed up that they would share with me?

The machine came with some conversational templates for pocketing, drilling, and angle interpolation, will all that be lost with the re-initialization

Thank you

Re: Makino KE-55 910 Alarm Ram Parity Error

Fanuc never stores the operating system in the sram, so you won't lose it. Once you get a RAM parity error, it's too late to save.

So I decided to move forward and power the machine up with the Reset and Del Key held in. I went through and re-entered / check parameters 1000-9000 as what I have in my service manual. I turn the machine off and start it back up and it loads up to the position page, but I am not seeing the alarm that I am used to seeing saying Servo's Off undo estop and reset (something along those lines). Also all my positions are showing 0.0000, mind you I can't get to the point where I can re home my machine. I can't do anything else other than page through the systems and offsets and I have "---EMG---ALM" flashing. Any thoughts on how I can get past this or what the next step will be?

You will have to enter the options (params 9000 and up) first. What is your control model? Give the motherboard part # also.

Thank you for helping out.

So I will start from fresh again and go through and enter the 9000's system parameters first, estop in. Will I have to do anything else after entering the 9000's parameters, any keystrokes or just cycle power on and off?

The Control is a FANUC System 20-FA on the operator pendant it says Professional JN

The motherboard A16B-1110-032 2/01A

after enetering the 9000's parameters ,you need to enter the diagnnose too from 300-600.

the FS20 control has PMC parameters which have to be entered, not 'diagnostics 300 to 600; that is for a FS0 control.

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    the FS20 control has PMC parameters which have to be entered, not 'diagnostics 300 to 600; that is for a FS0 control.
    Yes I have notes on the PMC parameters to be entered, however I can't find this page.how do I navigate to the PMC parameters?

OK machine is back up and running!

Eventually saw the PMC softkey TAB pop up as I was browsing around settings or systems. So in the future I've got some good notes to recover this machine and will back up the parameters so I don't go all cross eyed entering in the 1 and 0's.

So enter in 9000's paramers, Power off and on
    Entered in the rest of the Parameters, Power off and on
    Found PMC and entered in the parameters with K setting being the last thing entered, Powered off an on, removed e-stop and servo's came back to life!

Many Thanks