586,119 active members*
3,585 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Business Practices > Business Practices / Pricing > CUSTOMER SERVICE PDJ PILOT PRO AND OTHERS
Page 1 of 2 12

CUSTOMER SERVICE PDJ PILOT PRO AND OTHERS

First I live in Hawaii so there’s no going down to the local dealer for home shop sized CNC Router machine. I first began my research briefly looking at turnkey entry level machines like Camaster, Laguna, ShopSabre and others but the price kept me away. Then there was Carveright and Shark and I almost purchased the Shark until I read the post here on Pilot Pro vs CNC Shark Pro Plus HD.

So began my search into DIY CNC kits. I narrowed my choice down to PDJ Pilot Pro and Grunglau Platform CNC. Pilot Pro seemed very impressive with many options and I was hedging toward them but that Platform looked so pretty and strong.

THEIR RESPONSE:

Platform has not responded to my email at all.

So I emailed PDJ with questions about their 4250 model, shipping and added options. No email response for 11 days. I called PDJ and spoke to someone named Phil. I was a little concerned at the beginning of this call when the phone was answered by, “Hello”. I thought I had gotten the wrong number, so my response was, “Do you sale CNC machines”. Anyway after that I explained about my unanswered email and he’s reply was they were really busy and that their sales girl was on vacation. He was willing to answer my questions but I asked him to answer the email because I was at work and did not have all the questions on hand.

The next day I received an email from Suzy at PDJ. She answered all my questions and added that she answered the first email and was wondering if it is going thru. Concerned again, thinking, wait a minute, your Boss told me you were on vacation. Also, I’m not sure, but I remember reading on this forum or another, of a customer not receiving emails replies and someone not allowed to visit their manufacturing plant. Even though first instinct was warning me, I wanted this machine.

Now I was ready. I sent another email with added questions and a quote request:

Pilot Pro V3 4250 DIY Kit
    MACH3 Deluxe Control / with Mach3 or Mach4?
    Limit and home sensors
    TP-1000 3D Scanning probe and tool setter
    ITEM 20C - ROTARY TABLE (4th AXIS)
    ITEM 20D - TAIL STOCK
    USB interface
    5th axes
    Aspire v8.024
    Shipping to Hawaii

I also added that I would purchase their $36 The Pilot Pro CNC and Projects DVD
    online. I wanted to get a head start on this machine and other info not found on their website.

Well, the DVD you buy through PayPal and within 48 hours you receive a link to download the DVD. PayPal confirmed PDJ received payment. 6 days later no DVD and no response to email for a quote and mind you a large order. I really wanted this machine. Through PayPal I messaged to PDJ for a refund of $36.00 and that I have to move on and I hope better luck with their company. Their response was they have been having issues with PayPal and refunded my $36.00.

Come on now. Really. No apologies but plenty excuses. Any way I may have gotten a pretty good machine but what would I expect for customer support down the road. So now what is next.

I went back to the big boy companies and soon to be on its way a ShopSabre 23 with added options. Now this guy Brandon over there is so helpful. Email and phone call answered the next day. I’ve bothered this guy with so many questions and pre-ordered quotes and I receive nothing but continual politeness and next day information. Life time support. Will be making payment to them Monday. And once this badboy is up and running I will further share its performance and future projects.

Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE PDJ PILOT PRO AND OTHERS

Smile Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE PDJ PILOT PRO AND OTHERS

Hi shaka55,

I design and build the Pilot Pro CNC. And, I remember talking to you on the phone a few times. I apologize for not providing more time for you. I can only say there is never enough time in the day. We are extremely busy due to the popularity of our machines. Also, our customer service is exceptional, we even make house calls to our customers (within a 100 mile radius), like Ed, Tom, Stan, Dawn, Tim, Greg, just to name a few. Suzy is often on the road working with our customers. You can go to our facebook page and meet lots of users that are willing to help others. Our customers are a great bunch of guys and gals.

My goal is your success and you need the best machine at a great price. As you can see we use only the best parts. We have an extremely robust design, not because it is cheap, because we care. I will not sell a machine I would not use myself! Yes, we are very busy, our overhead is low, we pass this savings on to you and the trade-off is time. We are always looking to improve, and have new hires this year!

*Suzy did go on a vacation, return and shortly after replied to your email.
    *The DVD is a download if you are out of the continental US. Shipping is free, but not to Hawaii.
    *We did have paypal issues, our banking was disrupted, etc. Now we have a special account just for paypal and TT’s.
    *We refunded your DVD Purchase and offered you a free download as a gift due to paypal issues. You forgot to mention this!

*Again, I am sorry you did not get the attention you needed. All your questions were answered and a quote was sent. If you have more questions perhaps you can ask them here so everyone can benefit from this Q and A.

Or if you prefer phone or email please do so-
    503-632-6693
    [email protected]

You can get a shark, shopbot, or etc. The point is, get a machine and use it to do cool things with it! And if you care about quality you should get a Pilot Pro CNC.

Things to avoid on CNC machines are; Center driver screw for the wide axis, thin gantry, single linear bearing on Z axis, plastic lead nuts, open linear bearings, weldments, faces not milled, no load isolation, no attachments, etc. All these short cuts on these other machines are designed to maximize profits for the company but they minimize your results.

Good luck to all.
    Phil

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pilot_Pro_CNC_V3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	317460

We have the best customers!

Here is our testimonial page with their feedback, pictures of their setup and projects!

PDJ Pilot Pro CNC router kits, parts, plans, assembled 3D printing prototyping woodworking projects

Great News!

We now have a 12" Z axis option. Here is one coming together with a 3D printer attachment.

Attachment 317534

Good Morning Suzy/Phill
    I wanted give you and update on how I'm using my PDJ Cnc. I have a number of orders that include 3D carvings, Acrylic Led signs, wood signs and inlay work. This Cnc has opened up so many opportunities I didn't have before I started using my Cnc. One of the best tool investments I've ever made. I've had it up and running for a couple of months now and continue to find new items I can offer my customers. Thank you for a great product. I will be expanding in to some lite aluminum work in the coming weeks and know the Cnc you provided will handle it beautifully and look forward to the opportunities this will open up.

Thanks again
    Robert Kofoed…Attachment 318030

I have just put in my order for a 5th axis. The Pilot Pro is versatile. I can mount just about any application to my Pilot Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4nNINlDsOs

Good Support at the PDJ Pilot Pro CNC Shop

Turn your Pilot Pro CNC into a 3 D printer/Plastic extruder. The Pilot Pro CNC is a robust, precise multi use tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzu6iqPmmNo

4th axis and tail stock assembly

Turn your Pilot Pro CNC into a multi use tool

Made by a happy Pilot Pro CNC customer, Mark Lazaras ..very cool work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bieHHNreMK8

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	makemoneymoonshot.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	321152

Making $$$$ with the Pilot Pro CNC....

Pilot Pro CNC Customer Earl Aune
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFFvsDhP3-Q

making airplane wings

wanna make something of it?

The Pilot Pro CNC using a probe to replicate hand carving work

Hey Suzy/Phil
    Thought I would share the last customer order I made with my PDJ Cnc. The wood base, slots in the base and the acrylic engraving were all done on this very capable Cnc machine. As you can see I finished my dust boot and incorporated a light in the dust boot, works great. I have really enjoyed working with you and Phil. Your customer service has been top notch and you guys have been great to answer all the questions I've had while learning to use the system. This tool is bringing my wood working skills and products to a hole new level. I have bee able to offer other mediums like acrylic into my business because of this Cnc. More options for my customers is always a good thing!

Thanks Again
    Robert Kofoed…

Attachment 321156

Attachment 321158

Attachment 321154

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl-HqUUB_k8

Not just for wood.. will mill metal, 3d printer, plasma, router, test instrument, laser, vinyl cutter and helping hand..

Bill making fishing poles down in Texas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eTkzWjWVac

Dream it Create it! Make money with your Pilot Pro CNC machine

Making Products Making Money with the Pilot Pro CNC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM6N2iytNw8

Page 1 of 2 12