586,096 active members*
3,378 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking for help with Okuma turning center.

I am in the process of setting up a code generator for an Okuma turning center and I have a few simple questions about some of the canned cycle formats. The control is an OSP700L. Is there anyone in here that has some experience with these?

Thanks

Hello Shawn45223,
    What kind of questions are you proposing?
    I have a Okuma LCS15 lathe with an OSP700L controller on it so fire away, I hope I can offer some help.
    Regards
    Brian.

They were mostly about how the threading cycles needed to be formatted. I think I have it figured out now but if, I mean when, I run into something I will be sure to contact you.

Thanks

Hello Shawn...,
    If you refer to this thread "G71 Threading for Okuma Lathe" (sorry have not figured out how to put a link in for this! Just do a search for it). You will see that I have put a zipped file in one of my posts. This file is a copy of the threading information that will be applicable to your lathe.
    Generally I use the M33 and M74 Modes for cutting threads here. This seems to give a good combination of cutting conditions without having too many passes to cut the thread either.
    Anyway... if (when) you have any questions just ask, I will be happy to try and answer your questions.
    Regards
    Brian.