586,594 active members*
2,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Welding Brazing Soldering Sealing > Help Needed: Re: Lincoln IdealArc 250-250 polarity switch

Help Needed: Re: Lincoln IdealArc 250-250 polarity switch

This is Jim's wife, trying to find a part for his welder.
    Here's what we have; Lincoln IdealArc 250-250, code 9041.
    He needs a polarity switch. We have been given a part number of
    m12522-1, but that may not be correct.
    I have tried for a while now to find a site to cross reference the numbers to find the part number. HELP!!!! Thanks in advance!

Correct part number.

Thank you Tadream.

Does anyone know of a reputable place to purchase this part? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim6065 View Post
    Does anyone know of a reputable place to purchase this part? Thanks.
    Sorry so brief last night, was running late for work. I don't know of any place online, but any Lincoln dealer or Field Service Shop can order it for you. The price should be pretty much the same anywhere, as Lincoln is insistent that dealers sell their parts at list. I hate to tell you that it is a fairly expensive part for what it is. I think they were somewhere around $125 the last time I sold one. There are no sites that I know of to show part numbers of Lincoln machines. The owner's manuals usually list an item number and page number as a reference, but not the actual part number. Their parts lookup has always been a little squirrely for the uninitiated. I'm attaching a PDF for your machine for future reference. Hope it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

BTW, here's a little-known factoid about Lincoln part numbers: They start with letters. They have little consequence now, but for a long time they referred to size:
    L = Large
    S = Small
    T = Tiny
    M = Medium
    G = Giant
    I kid you not. Straight from the guy who's been over the parts department for 30+ years.