586,362 active members*
3,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > No Gcode posting in post manager

No Gcode posting in post manager

I recently bought BobCad V28. I am slowly at my own leisure learning how to use it.
    In the mean time I got a new computer, called customer service and we moved my
    license to the new computer and decommissioned the old one.
    Now when I make a toolpath the Gcode won't post inside the post manager.
    I can't figure out what's wrong. I have compared the setup with another demo copy on
    another computer that does post and they are both the same.
    Does anyone know what could be the problem?
    thanks in advance.
    Mike

Re: No Gcode posting in post manager

First of all, if you bought V28 within the last 45 days then you should still have free support, if that is the case then a support Tech will be able to access your PC to find the problem.

Meantime you could double check the "Posting" settings under both the "CAM Defaults > Current Settings > Posting" and the "Milling Job > Current Settings > Posting" areas to make sure the file path is set correctly as per the attached images, it`s usually one of those that is wrong.

Attachment 319482
    Attachment 319484

When you loaded the V28 to your new PC before you did the new license activation did it Post code OK then ? ? Even in Demo mode it should have posted a few lines of code.

All I have for now, hope it helps

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Yes Sir I checked those settings and they are correct, (same way I had them set on the old computer).
    Your question about if it posted before activation-- I just can't remember.
    Could the Tech have missed something when he moved the license?

thank you for your help,
    Mike

Does V28 not have the "Post & Save As" option allowing you to specify the destination for the .NC file?

Quote Originally Posted by MAS View Post
    Yes Sir I checked those settings and they are correct, (same way I had them set on the old computer).
    Your question about if it posted before activation-- I just can't remember.
    Could the Tech have missed something when he moved the license?

thank you for your help,
    Mike
    Do you not have any of your 45 days of free support left

Possible the Tech missed something but for now have you checked that the NC folder actually exists in the BobCAD-CAM Data folder by clicking the "Select" button and actually navigating to the NC folder ?
    If it isn`t there then create it.

Also you can try as Nick suggests using a different folder for example create a folder named "NC TEST FILES" on your hard drive and then setting the filepath to that folder and try using the "Post and Save As" instead of the "Post" command. Worth a try

Regards
    Rob

I talked to Sean today at BobCad and he took control of my computer. He reinstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ files. He worked for about 30 minutes. He called back
    and said that Windows 10 needs to be reinstalled, couldn't make it post. Something in the operating system is corrupted. So I'm going to put my old computer back at my desk and activate it again and use it. I'm not going to attempt to reinstall windows!
    thanks for all your suggestions,
    Mike

What version of windows 10, and did you do the "free upgrade" from an older windows version?

Hint: always get pro and above versions. I dont think the free upgrade version will be higher than home, even if you are starting with previous higher versions. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    What version of windows 10, and did you do the "free upgrade" from an older windows version?

Hint: always get pro and above versions. I dont think the free upgrade version will be higher than home, even if you are starting with previous higher versions. FWIW.
    I was offered Windows 10 Pro as a free upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate, when I say offered I mean it was shoved down my throat so hard I was obliged to use third party tools to stop the process and remove all trace as there is no "No Thanks" option in the process. I have software which won't run on WX which I want to keep using, I miht give it a go on an alternate machine but don't want my good, functional builds breaking!

- Nick

Quote Originally Posted by MAS View Post
    I talked to Sean today at BobCad and he took control of my computer. He reinstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ files. He worked for about 30 minutes. He called back
    and said that Windows 10 needs to be reinstalled, couldn't make it post. Something in the operating system is corrupted. So I'm going to put my old computer back at my desk and activate it again and use it. I'm not going to attempt to reinstall windows!
    thanks for all your suggestions,
    Mike
    Mike

That sounds like a sensible plan, I tried Win 10 a while back and reverted back to Win 7 Pro, Win 10 is OK for email, ebaying and social media and that`s about it really, not any good for Business/Industry at all.

All seats of BC are happily running on Win 7 Pro without issue, says it all really

Regards
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I was offered Windows 10 Pro as a free upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate, when I say offered I mean it was shoved down my throat so hard I was obliged to use third party tools to stop the process and remove all trace as there is no "No Thanks" option in the process. I have software which won't run on WX which I want to keep using, I miht give it a go on an alternate machine but don't want my good, functional builds breaking!

- Nick
    You dont really need 3rd party stuff. Its a windows update kb article. Kb3035583. Just uninstall that. Then run windows update again and when that article is listed again, right click it and choose hide.

You'll have to keep your eyes peeled though. Every 3 months or so the unhide it and it will install again.

I just kill GWX.exe process and uninstall it again. It takes just a couple minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    You dont really need 3rd party stuff. Its a windows update kb article. Kb3035583. Just uninstall that. Then run windows update again and when that article is listed again, right click it and choose hide.

You'll have to keep your eyes peeled though. Every 3 months or so the unhide it and it will install again.

I just kill GWX.exe process and uninstall it again. It takes just a couple minutes.
    I tried all of that but Windows update was stuck ready to install WX before anything else, Microsoft Support had two shots at sorting it out by remote access to my laptop and they couldn't sort it out either.
    The issue started when Microsoft pushed out WX as a "recommended" update, because there is no "Decline" option in the process once it starts Microsoft's only suggestion was to allow the "Upgrade" then roll back and hope it didn't break anything.
    They truly are scumbags of the first water!

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I tried all of that but Windows update was stuck ready to install WX before anything else, Microsoft Support had two shots at sorting it out by remote access to my laptop and they couldn't sort it out either.
    The issue started when Microsoft pushed out WX as a "recommended" update, because there is no "Decline" option in the process once it starts Microsoft's only suggestion was to allow the "Upgrade" then roll back and hope it didn't break anything.
    They truly are scumbags of the first water!
    OIC.... my brother accidentally did the upgrade then called me. We rolled it back and it broke his mach3 install. Couldnt get it working again (something with the sys drivers i couldnt get rolled back.

The blessing in disguise was i got him a uc100 controller with a replacement computer and his mach3 runs better than never did.

Note to self. Use uc100 with mach3. Not parallel port.

Yeah,windows keeps trying to shove 10 down my throat,,,no way jose

I will give Burrs idea a chance to get rid of those pesky pests

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Yeah,windows keeps trying to shove 10 down my throat,,,no way jose

I will give Burrs idea a chance to get rid of those pesky pests
    That will get rid of it. But it will eventually come back a couple times. Rinse. Lather and repeat. Mine hasnt come back for a few months now.

I think magics issue was the upgrade process already started which overwrote his bootstrap/boot partition to his existing install. Its recoverable, but 1st level microsoft guys cant do that for you. At least second level guys or find someone local who knows how to edit the boot partition. Command line stuff.

If you hit problems with manual removal then GWX Control Panel does an excellent job of removing all traces of Windows 10, I suppose I should ring Microsoft support back and let them know ;-)

- Nick

BurrMan, my tech who happens to be my son built my new computer for me. He used win 7 pro then updated it to win 10 pro.
    I get the error code 0xc000007b when I double click "MillingPost.exe" in the mill folder inside the Post folder.
    I also have a laptop at home with win 10 home and it run V28 fine and also posts in the post manager.

Mike

OK finally had a chance to get my son to put Win 7 back on my computer. I installed BobCad again and this time I get a error message!
    Called tech support, he setup the turbo meeting and was trying different things.
    What he ended up doing to make BobCad post was he created another account on my computer using no spaces in the account name!
    That was the problem!!
    SHESH!!
    BobCad support is top notch, they have always been very quick to respond to my calls, very nice bunch of guys.