586,096 active members*
3,637 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Knee Vertical Mills > Has anyone converted with DMM?

Has anyone converted with DMM?

I've looked through their forum, done google searches and looked on many of the machining forums I can find. My question really only boils down to, Does anyone have any experience with their servo/drive/BO kit? I'm decent with wiring and actual electrical contacts, not so much with electronics. I'm looking at it for the relatively low price for all in one, as well as the niceness of the plug and play.

I am going to be upgrading the machine I just bought, a lagunmatic 110 that has the old dc servos and dynapath system 10 controller. I have the machine powered up and working, although I can't get the x and y axis to consistently work. I can get the z to do exactly what I want though. With it being the old servo controls and drives, I've basically decided to go with new servos and drives, as well as running mach on a computer to learn on. I'm totally new to cnc, although I've been playing in fusion for a while.

Basically, if anyone can point me to a build thread specifically with the dmm equipment would be great, and I want to make sure I'm spending my money wisely. for the .75 kW servo kit I"m looking at just under 1700 and then computers and such. Not a small number for me, but I want it done right. I also would like to hear anyones personal experience with DMM. They seemed very helpful on the phone. Also, is there anywhere to sell off my old motors and controller other than ebay? I'd hate to ship the controller, but the servos and control boards for them should be fine.
    Thanks All

Re: Has anyone converted with DMM?

Quote Originally Posted by BryantKnives View Post
    I've looked through their forum, done google searches and looked on many of the machining forums I can find. My question really only boils down to, Does anyone have any experience with their servo/drive/BO kit? I'm decent with wiring and actual electrical contacts, not so much with electronics. I'm looking at it for the relatively low price for all in one, as well as the niceness of the plug and play.

I am going to be upgrading the machine I just bought, a lagunmatic 110 that has the old dc servos and dynapath system 10 controller. I have the machine powered up and working, although I can't get the x and y axis to consistently work. I can get the z to do exactly what I want though. With it being the old servo controls and drives, I've basically decided to go with new servos and drives, as well as running mach on a computer to learn on. I'm totally new to cnc, although I've been playing in fusion for a while.

Basically, if anyone can point me to a build thread specifically with the dmm equipment would be great, and I want to make sure I'm spending my money wisely. for the .75 kW servo kit I"m looking at just under 1700 and then computers and such. Not a small number for me, but I want it done right. I also would like to hear anyones personal experience with DMM. They seemed very helpful on the phone. Also, is there anywhere to sell off my old motors and controller other than ebay? I'd hate to ship the controller, but the servos and control boards for them should be fine.
    Thanks All
    There are a lot of users on the Zone, from Routers, Mills, Lathes,Plasma I have used them for 7 years now from there latest, to their very first servo's/Drives which are still working as good as the day they were installed, the new are much more advanced than most, even ahead of some high end servo's /Drives

If the Iron is good it's worth doing a manual mill, even just X & Y axes to get you going works well, once you have that working then you can build the parts needed for the Z axes Ballscrew mounting etc
    Mactec54

Re: Has anyone converted with DMM?

Mac, It's actually already a cnc machine with servos and was claimed to be working when I bought it. However, the previous owner did some creative wiring, and current troubles with the dyn system 10 lead me to change over to the new style servos and drives and run Mach software. Should be a plug and play deal, remove all of my old electronics and put in the new equipment and power sources/drives and work on it from a totally new standpoint. Thanks, I've not been able to find any negatives on the DMM and that's probably a good enough reason to use them