586,096 active members*
3,378 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > C-axis error 8 motor overload

C-axis error 8 motor overload

We have a Fadal VMC 15 w/ ridged tap. I keep getting a "C-axis fault motor overload #8" which is spindle magnet not detected or spindle not running (which it is running). I have replaced the hall effect switch, encoder and the c axis board (1010-4) to no avail. I can't imagine it's the drive as we replaced it6 months ago. I have verified correct gap on hall effect switch, verified correct voltage and also checked in the diagnostics screen that the bit changes from 00 to 01 when the magnet is rotated under the hall effect switch. Though it will only change when rotated VERY slowly by hand, it wilI NOT change if rotated fast even by hand. have also ohmmed out each wire from the J10 molex plug to the hall effect switch and they are good.

Re: C-axis error 8 motor overload

Orient changing is a function of the switch and how it triggers on the dip in the diameter of the sensor hub on the spindle.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

It only happens during rigid tap or it happens with an M3 programmed? What kind of inverter is in there?

Quote Originally Posted by fallsfab View Post
    We have a Fadal VMC 15 w/ ridged tap. I keep getting a "C-axis fault motor overload #8" which is spindle magnet not detected or spindle not running (which it is running). I have replaced the hall effect switch, encoder and the c axis board (1010-4) to no avail. I can't imagine it's the drive as we replaced it6 months ago. I have verified correct gap on hall effect switch, verified correct voltage and also checked in the diagnostics screen that the bit changes from 00 to 01 when the magnet is rotated under the hall effect switch. Though it will only change when rotated VERY slowly by hand, it wilI NOT change if rotated fast even by hand. have also ohmmed out each wire from the J10 molex plug to the hall effect switch and they are good.