586,094 active members*
3,861 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Techno LC4896 & Windows 2k, xp

Hi, I recently upgraded my computer to windows 2000 from 98 and now I am unable to pause the router while it is running. If a problem occurs while routing, I have to pull the power for the computer and that's not really a great thing to do. Anyone know a way to get around this annoying issue?

Have you tired adjusting your "Compatiblity Mode"? Right click on the icon and go to properties. Go to "Compatibility' to adjust. I dont know if it will work, but it might. I'm not even sure if windows 2000 has this feature. I use xp pro. Another option could be using the "escape" key (Esc). Good luck.

Todd
    http://www.innovative-accents.com

When I was upgrading my Techno router the service guy said in order to pause the machine when using XP you have to buy their stop/start box. I feel that the interface works just great on W98 and there was no need to upgrade to XP. I do however have a dedicated computer just for the router.

I initially ran their controller on a box loaded with W98 and then replaced that box with one running XP. Big improvement and I don't think I've ever had a controller app or OS crash EVER on that box. Bite the bullet and use XP. I have the start/stop box but the on-screen pause works just fine. Did you re-install the controller app after the OS upgrade ? What version ?

Smile It works!

I have the Techno CNC Interface v1.0 Build #377. Actually it is currently loaded on XP Pro so I tried the compatibility option, and it worked. Thanks!

Glad that you're up and running. I don't have compatability mode checked here with 377.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ptrap12 View Post
    I have the Techno CNC Interface v1.0 Build #377. Actually it is currently loaded on XP Pro so I tried the compatibility option, and it worked. Thanks!
    I am very happy to hear that the issue was ironed out. Changing Microsoft's OS does alter the setup to a greater or lesser degree, especially the jump from 98 to 2K or XP.

If you ever have any more issues you can PM me.

(maybe you could consider removing the sad face smiley from next to Techno LC Series in the title?)

:-)