Hello all,

I have a Journeyman TREE 310 that I have been trying to get working for years now. It was not working when I got it.

My Problem: When I move any axis, it sounds and moves rough/non-smooth part of or all of the time. Any rapid moves cause instant servo errors.

I have disconnected the controller and have an isolated input test supply (-9 to +9 volts), and have retested all boards LD3015HS160 with all motors MTE-4534-SPECIAL, tuning each time.

This is what I found:

_______X driver___Y driver___Z driver
X motor__Fails_____Fails____Ran Badly
Y motor__Fails_____Fails____Ran GOOD
Z motor__Fails_____Fails____Ran GOOD

Fails = Motor turns each direction and is slow to settle, with no torque. I would say less than 10 in/lbs.

Conclusion: X, Y drivers, and the X motor need help.

I would like to fix the two failing drivers first, I looked at the DCS signal on the edge connector and the output to the motor directly. When compared to the working board during acceleration and deceleration the failing boards look to have a much shorter on time in both directions. When at speed the signal looks correct or the same as the working driver.

Questions:

Does anyone have a schematic for this driver, It would really help!

Is there any common failing parts on the LD3015HS160 driver I could just replace, like the power FETs and or electrolytic compactors that could be dying with age?

Thanks,
Bryan

Link to see the parts: http://bryansweb.com/tree.htm

TREE 310 Info:

Controller: Dynapath 10

BALDOR Card Cage & Power Supply
FLA7153C-00
LD4-03S

BALDOR DRIVE BOARD
FLD7150C-00
LD3015HS160

Motors: MTE-4534-SPECIAL