586,100 active members*
2,977 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Wiring diagram for single phase T-813 Transformer to VMC 4020

Wiring diagram for single phase T-813 Transformer to VMC 4020

I have just bought a VMC 4020 and also a T-813 single phase transformer and wiring harness. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that they could send me to get this wired-up?

Thanks,

Scott Hamilton
    [email protected]

If you mean the jumper settings they are posted on the inside panel of the invertor cab. If you mean you have a new single phase transformer sitting on the floor and need to install it.....whew, I'm not going to be much help. Sounds like a job for a tech. You should consider a 3 phase, they are not that much $ and would give you 15-20% more torque.

I don't remember seeing a wiring diagram for the transformers in the manuals but check Fadals site, and look at the manuals they have there on line. There is tons of documentation there, and I haven't been through it all.

Also try Neal at Fadal in the tech dept. He'd might be able to fax you the documents you need.

I got a wiring diagram from FADAL and have the machine in the shop now. Does anyone know how the transformer works? Can this style of transformer be used to power other 3 phase equipment in the shop? Hopefully I will have the machine up and running in a couple of weeks if I can get some work out of the shop.

Thanks,

Scott

Do you have any more information? I am getting the sense that you have some kind of single phase to 3 ph static convertor?
    I have built some 1ph to 3ph rotary convertors using a spare 3ph motor as a source.
    More info would help.
    Al

This is a FADAL factory transformer to go in their VMC so that you can run the machine off single phase power. I have and currently use Static, Rotary, and VFD's for phase conversion.

Thanks,

Scott

Fudd--
    I strongly suggest that you do NOT try to power any other device from this transformer while using it to power the Fadal. The transformer is design to be adequate for use with the VMC but may cause unwanted issues when trying to power additional devices.

Neal

How would they create the phase delay with just a transformer?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

If the VMC has three ph motors or devices etc, I would be really interested to know how they doing a conversion with a 1ph transformer, if that is the case.
    Al

I have got the 4020 up and running on single phase power. In the process of making a few chips. The transformer does not do anything about converting single to 3 phase power. The machine will run on single phase alone.

Thanks,

Scott

Glad to hear you got 'er going
    Al

How big of a circut are you running from?

I am using a 60 amp breaker with #6 gauge copper. Fuses in the diconnect are 45 amp.

Thanks

Scott

Re: Wiring diagram for single phase T-813 Transformer to VMC 4020

How did you wire the transformer? I am having issues getting mine up and running.