586,062 active members*
4,837 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Retrofit options for 1991 Hurco BMC 30 w/Delta 20

I've got an old MHP MHP-30 machine (a "pre-Hurco" BMC30, is my understanding). It's running a Dynapath Delta 20 controller. The machine is currently running. However, it's getting old, requires drip-feed, display is getting finicky, etc.

I would like to look into retrofit options on this machine. I am a home shop, not a high volume manufacturing facility. The machine has very solid mechanicals, so I'd hate to mark it KIA if I have a controller issue. I'm not needing to do this immediately I as much as trying to get a feel for the practicality of a refit.

I've got a CNC plasma table running Mach3, so I'm familiar with an "off chassis" controller situation (though Mach is not something I'd be interested in putting on the Hurco). I'm thinking of something like LinuxCNC, but feedback from others would be great.

Re: Retrofit options for 1991 Hurco BMC 30 w/Delta 20

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy View Post
    requires drip-feed, display is getting finicky, etc..
    When I purchased My Tree 325 I was unable to erase the existing files. Some of the file name characters were not alphanumeric. In order to erase these files I had to pull the lithium battery.

Dynapath CRT
    Industrial Monitor- 9" Monitor DYNAPATH

The Dynapath controls are robust and retrofitting new controls wouldn't add any functionality.

If you are set on retrofitting you should select a controls package that supports servos. Dynomotion Motion Control Boards for CNC Manufacturing and Robotics Applications