586,069 active members*
3,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Alphacam > Coordinate system questions

Coordinate system questions

Is there a way to move (machining) coordinate system or even better ... is it possible to have more than one?

For example, I have multiple parts to machine in one document and would like to have machining zero set on each of them ...

For a start would like to move:

Attachment 320996

Re: Coordinate system questions

Set a number of parts on your mill and run them as subprograms.
    You usually have 6 coordinate systems on all Fanuc controls, some have more as an option.
    Look at my mill examples on youtube, put in my name, Heinz Putz to see them.
    There are also sub examples on my website: Fanuc CNC programming training. Learn CNC for Fanuc, Yasnac, Mitsubishi CNC controls, CNC Machining Videos and DVD's, CNC programming training, CNC education,and CNC consulting.
    Good luck: Heinz.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomax View Post
    Is there a way to move (machining) coordinate system or even better ... is it possible to have more than one?

For example, I have multiple parts to machine in one document and would like to have machining zero set on each of them ...

For a start would like to move:

Attachment 320996
    Since you want each part at 0,0 than obviously you will be creating separate toolpaths for each part. just move the part your creating toolpath for to 0,0 once toolpath is saved move and do the same for next.

Hi Tomax. Your post processor can be configured to work in one of two different ways. It can output to all tool paths on work planes as coordinates from global 0,0,0 or it can output them with local Work Plane coordinates. If you get your post configured to do the latter and then program each part on it's own Work Plane with the 0,0,0 of the Work Plane set correctly in relation to the part then you can have as many parts as you want in one drawing that will each be output with it's own local coordinates not coordinates from global.