Hi there - first time poster and first CNC machine (not mine a fellow sign writer friend) - Machine is a Luminart 4000 - Dell PC with fresh build of XP on it - Mach3 installed - passes port test and when loading
a sample file to cut it will load in preview and the steppers will make high pitch noises in tune with it actually cutting. There is no movement from any axis though. This unit has a large on/off router attached to it as opposed to
spindle .I think the owner will upgrade to one of those if we can get it running.Under the diagnostics tab I have managed to get 4 green lights on the display - I think that may have been toggling the low state on ports and pins ?
Still no movement though.

http://www.hyu68.com/English/Product1/P1.html

Link to aftermarket controller - I believe the original Precix controllers are HPGL it is a parallel connection used the second connector marked Machine sensors has no connection but x1,x2,Y,Z are connected

I have attached the zipped version of the XML backups it that would help anybody solve this problem. I have read through a few posts but the solutions don't seem to work - It probably is Mach3 settings but it seems there
are a plenty of options ! and help would be much appreciated - thanks in advance, Matt W