587,482 active members*
3,091 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Avid CNC > Latest Design CRP PRO4896 Build log Awesomeness!!

View Poll Results: Do you like the way things are getting done?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 72.73%
  • No

0 0%
  • Needs better Tools

2 18.18%
  • Needs More Space

0 0%
  • Thats so cool

1 9.09%
  • Its Retarded

0 0%

Hybrid View

Re: Latest Design CRP PRO4896 Build log Awesomeness!!

I'm enjoying watching this build, really good size for a machine, but i'm wondering, does joining two linear rails together to make a longer rail impact on the life of the trucks and more specifically the bearings inside?

It seems to me that the bearings would be subjected to stress going over the join no matter how well aligned they are?

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Re: Latest Design CRP PRO4896 Build log Awesomeness!!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    I'm enjoying watching this build, really good size for a machine, but i'm wondering, does joining two linear rails together to make a longer rail impact on the life of the trucks and more specifically the bearings inside?

It seems to me that the bearings would be subjected to stress going over the join no matter how well aligned they are?

cheers, Ian
    hey man thanks for the nice comment on hte build log I am enjoying it as well

and you know I am thinking the same thing I know eric bought solid x-rail extrusions and solid long linear rails for his machine and I will be doing the same if I do buy another machine

I got the linear rails as close as I could get them and I still feel a ridge in them so I agree I think that it will shorten the life of the bearings but I do not have alot of experience with them so I am not sure

I wonder how much extra in cost and shipping it would be to spec all the machines from CNC Router Parts with solid Items